OT: What a phony ... ! a.k.a. The KSS Political Super Thread

• Replies 799
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Well, when you think about it, North America was populated with people who gave up on their homelands, because they no longer paid homage nor loyalty to what was evolving in the places they left. Quite a heavy duty decision compared with leaving one's associations/affiliations/places of worship.

So, does that mean all those who declared themselves independent of their King and engaged in revolution were phoney? No, they followed their good conscience; just as the United Empire Loyalists did when they migrated to Canada. There comes a point where persons of principle are faced with hard decisions.

I'm surprised Obama didn't do this earlier. If that nonsense is what his former congregation stands for, he did the right thing.

• Members

What's disingenous and disasteful here is how the media (and associated political camps) are making relatively trivial items into a campaign issue as opposed to discussing platform. Most people are above this, though some sheep do vote.

Obama has a very strong platform for issues I care about -- namely establishing a more open government. I could care less about which church he went to or what his pastor/dentist/florist says. There's also that whole "ending the war in Iraq thing" too. Good stuff. These are things that matter. More importantly, it would be nice to have a president the world doesn't hate for once.

If this is the best issue anyone can find, we have very little to worry about in this election. This kind of reminds me of the whole faked "Swift Boat Veterans" thing pulled against Kerry, which we later learned was mostly drummed up for character assassination. Who did we end up electing then? Oh.

The amount of positive impact you can do by running a country is a LOT more important than the need to stick by a church that is now falling into a bad place. I'm sure he's not the only one leaving it, and that's the right thing to do rather than give up a chance to change a country in a time where it desperately needs it. Obama's winning the nomination, he can't let McCain win for something this trivially stupid -- a non-issue.

Meanwhile, I hear Hilliary Clinton prefers Casios. Moog's law.

• Members

Have you quit your church of 20 years (under pressure) lately?

I'd have a lot more respect for him if he told his critics to piss off ... Obviously, he doesn't feel much for them (the congregation) ... even though that's where he received his first and subsequent transfusions of political lifeblood ...

And does that mean everyone else should quit as well?

In my opinion, yes. Everybody belonging to a superstitious cult (ie. any organized religion) should quit that religion... Even if they are in the middle of any electorate campaign... Because it is the right thing to do.

- CM

• Members

And what "judgement ... "

ishackimagepu0.jpg

I'd have a lot more respect for him if he told his critics to piss off ... Obviously, he doesn't feel much for them (the congregation) ... even though that's where he received his first and subsequent transfusions of political lifeblood ...

Barack Obama is becoming increasingly unelectable to anybody outside the liberal wing of the Democratic party ...

Good lcuk!

That's ridiculous. First of all, I'm not an Obama supporter, though I'll vote for him as the lesser of 2 evils. But the notion that this action was somehow because he was liberal? Where in god's name did you get that? He's FOR the Iraq war, pro-corporation, etc, etc, and cut himself off from his preacher of many years because the guy actually spoke some truth about America. Obama is no liberal and any sense of the word, and the fact that he's now the political opportunist (what presidential candidate in this country is not?) doesn't differentiate him from anyone.

• Members

What's disingenous and disasteful here is how the media (and associated political camps) are making relatively trivial items into a campaign issue as opposed to discussing platform. Most people are above this, though some sheep do vote.

Obama has a very strong platform for issues I care about -- namely establishing a more open government. I could care less about which church he went to or what his pastor/dentist/florist says. There's also that whole "ending the war in Iraq thing" too. Good stuff. These are things that matter. More importantly, it would be nice to have a president the world doesn't hate for once.

If this is the best issue anyone can find, we have very little to worry about in this election. This kind of reminds me of the whole faked "Swift Boat Veterans" thing pulled against Kerry, which we later learned was mostly drummed up for character assassination. Who did we end up electing then? Oh.

The amount of positive impact you can do by running a country is a LOT more important than the need to stick by a church that is now falling into a bad place. I'm sure he's not the only one leaving it, and that's the right thing to do rather than give up a chance to change a country in a time where it desperately needs it. Obama's winning the nomination, he can't let McCain win for something this trivially stupid -- a non-issue.

Meanwhile, I hear Hilliary Clinton prefers Casios. Moog's law.

Oh, please - tell me how Obama is against the war, other than trying to get anti-war people to believe that he is. He's voted to fund it over and over, he refuses to set a timetable for withdrawal, and I have yet to hear ANY statement at all by him which recognizes the huge number of Iraqi deaths we have caused. He has said that it is a noble cause however, not a war crime. He's totally pro war.

The world will hate him soon enough, because he will essentially continue the American imperialist tradition. He has shown no hint that he won't.

• Members

The reality is that policy-wise, Barack and Hillary are incredibly close. THAT's why it's come down to brands because fundamentally there is no difference ...

YES WE WILL!!!
YES WE WILL!!! YES WE WILL!!!

It's catchy ...

Anyway, I for one will be watching the results of next week's primaries VERY closely ... They will have much to say in where this goes next ...

That IS correct. They are incredibly close on most issues. But he has charisma, and has hoodwinked an awful lot of people.

• Members

I think McCain and Obama are two of the most evil people to run for office on this side of the pond. At least in a long while. McCain, an outright lust for blood. Obama a lust for power and control of every aspect of our lives. There are other people running. Vote for any of them.

• Members

"We can't eat as much as we want... and then just expect that other countries are going to say OK."

WTF should we care what other countries say about what we drive or eat? The fact that he can get away with saying {censored} like this is dangerous.

• Members

poor Diametro

5 SRX's and 4 slots

And an elevator that doesn't reach the top floor

I prefer to take the stairs, anyway ...

Also, no need for an apostrophe; the 's' is plural, not possessive ...

Yes, I am currently short a slot, but the SRX-01 drums are quite good.

Roland should have included them with the new Fan-G, but I don't think that would have worked out since the entire card is 64 megs of great-sounding four-way switched acoustic drum kits ...

The prob is that I'm more into electronic kits ATM ... I hoping for something on the horizon with a few extra SRX slots ...

• Members

Just being helpful and making a small point about the fallibility of my opponent's lance ...

There's really nothing more to say, ATM ... I've said my piece ...

However, I'm still genuinely interested in reading what others have to say ... and not necessarily jump all over each other ...

I may even end up voting for Obama ... the absolutely strongest thing he's said that's resonated with me is a vote for John McCain is a vote for a third Bush term ... It's very difficult to argue against that intellectually or emotionally ... And that's precisely how Barrack Obama may get elected ...

In the end, this is all good for his character

• Members

That IS correct. They are incredibly close on most issues. But he has charisma, and has hoodwinked an awful lot of people.

Just like big Bill Clinton did some years ago? And Dubya too...and McCain too...

C'mon, politicians are their own special breed of lying flim-flamming con men (and women). Makes no sense to single one out from their tribe. Charismatic hoodwinking is their stock and trade.

• Members

And what "judgement ... "

ishackimagepu0.jpg

Barack Obama is becoming increasingly unelectable to anybody outside the liberal wing of the Democratic party ...

Good lcuk!

You are posting unimportant bs like this when McCain is going to plunge us into endless war that will cost trillions and many American lives. wtf is wrong with you?

Archived