This is the thread where everyone ridicules Companyman....

companyman

• Members

I can see why someone would have that opinion about Pet Sounds. It's not an album I'd want to listen to every day or anything, but it has some fantastic moments.

Smile, however, (the version that was officially released in '04 anyway) is everything that companyman hates about Pet Sounds without any of the redeeming features that make him probably wrong about it. (sorry Viper Jazz...)

I know his brain is fried and everything, but what in God's green earth made Brian Wilson think he needed to re-write "Good Vibrations"? :facepalm:

• Members

Pet sounds is good,
Put your head on my shoulder
is a great track.

Everything else by the Beach Boys seems to suck though, especially
Smile

My friends think I'm an asshole because I dont like Daniel Johnston.

no one likes daniel johnston; if they claim to they deserve a punch to the groin.

• Members

you want ridicule? fine:

You, sir, are a debauched fool that envies each man around him. You wander through life unsure about where you are headed, with each passing day a more of a waste of your humanity than the day before. Your hair cut is hated by the squares but scoffed at by the hipsters for trying too hard. Most tell stories behind your back about what you call your "manhood".

Your pre-hensile small arm defies logic, how you dress it up, and insist on greeting new people with it. No one wants to shake that small arm.

You are a welp. An absurdist, that isnt clever enough to figure out how to enjoy something as simple as pet sounds.

You fail at life sir.

Totally kidding!! :wave:

Archived