Best portable amp?

chu2

• Members

get one when you get there, american amps require 110v and in europ we use 230/240v.

Oh no, I know. I'm going for something that can be battery powered for easy playing on the go even when I'm back home.

• Members

I just picked up one of these a couple of months ago - extremely versatile, nice loud cleans, good crunch when at max.

I've tried it on an 8" speaker in a gutted Squier 15 cab, and I've tried it on a 12" speaker in a rotating speaker cab. Both sounded great.

You could build your own cab for cheap, and customize it to your specs :idk:

22-caliber.jpg

• Members
I just picked up one of these a couple of months ago - extremely versatile, nice loud cleans, good crunch when at max.

I've tried it on an 8" speaker in a gutted Squier 15 cab, and I've tried it on a 12" speaker in a rotating speaker cab. Both sounded great.

You could build your own cab for cheap, and customize it to your specs
:idk:

22-caliber.jpg

this

I like mine

• 3 weeks later...
  • Members

Resurrect'd

Gimme some pros and cons, guys. I'm going to be traveling in Europe, so space and versatility is a concern. Well, and tone, too. It's gotta be good at lower volumes, as well, since I'll be living with a host family. :thu:

• Members

The microcube is a good idea - buy a cheap 9V adaptor when you get where you're going, and you won't have to rely on batteries. But I think probably the best idea is a cheap modeller and some headphones. No disturbing the host family, can plug into whatever amps are around if you need to for a jam. Smaller than an amp so therefore easier to fit in your suitcase, especially if you're going for a pocket pod, Korg pandora or similar. I bought my Johnson J-station modeller to the UK, and it's served me well (although I have now bought a Vox Night Train, which rocks!).

Steve

Archived