George L's Still best pedal cable?

codek

• Members

George L's are very bright. Lots of people have issues with reliability.

I've used them for years and never had a problem.

Lava Solderless seems to be what everyone freaks on. Much more even frequency response. The jacks have a smaller profile which is a bonus.

Also they fit together more securely.

I'll probably move to the Lava stuff when the funds permit. Main reason is to tame the highs in my rig and to same some space with the smaller profile jacks.

• Members

George L's are very bright. Lots of people have issues with reliability.

I've used them for years and never had a problem.

Lava Solderless seems to be what everyone freaks on. Much more even frequency response. The jacks have a smaller profile which is a bonus.

Also they fit together more securely.

I'll probably move to the Lava stuff when the funds permit. Main reason is to tame the highs in my rig and to same some space with the smaller profile jacks.

this is the first time i've heard about them being bright.......i still want to go to lava though, only problem is that it will be very pricey to replace all of my cables

• Members

I made the Lava switch for my patch cables a couple months ago. 8 pedals with short cable leads and no noticeable change in tone. I was always a bit skeptical about expensive cables, but these made me a believer.

I was able to haggle down between MF and Music123 - 15off4u code, price matching + 10% off... blah blah. Final cost wasn't that bad.

• Members

cables are the one thing that makes me nuts? seems to be not alot of solid answers, and monster cable is in your face in every store, and alot of people dont like em, it seems

Stop worrying about it, just go and buy some reasonably priced cables.

.......and george L's were never 'the best' solderless is a pointless novelty.

• Members

I got a lava cable set in the battle of the boards. Just built them this weekend. The first one I made didn't work, then I watched the youtube video (why didn't I do that first. :facepalm:), and the next 5 I made worked first time no problems. I really like them and I don't see where they would fail. Seems like a really good design.

• Members

solderless is great when youre a pedal whore and constantly either rearrange your board or add to your collection. i can make my own cables, but i've been using george l's forever now cause i like the simplicity and the ability to make a new cable in 10 seconds.

• Members

solderless is great when youre a pedal whore and constantly either rearrange your board or add to your collection. i can make my own cables, but i've been using george l's forever now cause i like the simplicity and the ability to make a new cable in 10 seconds.

Agreed. I don't have a problem soldering. I've rewired a few guitars and have built my own amp.

The Lava's are easy, low profile and I haven't experienced any noticeable tone loss. I have a pretty tight fit on my board which didn't really work when I tried to wire it with pancake plugs and Mogami cable.

They are pricey and you can probably wire a board cheaper than a solderless kit without noticeable tone coloration, but I wouldn't call it a pointless novelty. They're a convenient quality product that works.

Archived