Touring to The UK Soon, How Am I Going To Use My Pedals/Amp?

hot_karl

• Members
K, Hot Karl, listen to me and listen good, as I have direct and recent knowledge of what you are going through.

Look at your current powersupplies and read whats on the back. If it says "Input: 110-240volts ~50-60 hz", then you need an adapter to change the shape of the plug to fit the hole. You can buy them anywhere for a couple of dollars.

If it says "Input: 110volts ~ 60hz" then you need to replace the powersupply with something that can handle up to 240volts.

I would recommend against a stepdown trasnformer because they are usually heavy as {censored} and aren't cheap. If you are going to drop the dough, just get a Burkley Flatliner or the Voodoo lab powersupply.

Thanks, the problem with the voodoo labs thing is that most of my pedals have North American style adapters that are over 9volts and what not.... i will look into your recommendations thanks :)

• Members

How are you powering your pedals at the moment? Answering this question would be a great help.

pedal power 2 with a standard powerbar(surge protector) plugged into the pedalpower to power all of my non pedal powerable pedals (aka 12volts, 16volts etc..).... so basically I plug the power cord into my pedal power, then into the wall and all my pedals light up.

• Members

Depending on the size of venue you're playing, lots of places have the ability to give you 110v on tap anyway. If you're bringing an amp (seems from your OP maybe not), it's worth getting a "site" step down transformer. Construction work in the UK is commonly done with 110v tools, so you can get a cement filled transformer for

• Members

pedal power 2 with a standard powerbar(surge protector) plugged into the pedalpower to power all of my non pedal powerable pedals (aka 12volts, 16volts etc..).... so basically I plug the power cord into my pedal power, then into the wall and all my pedals light up.

Maybe just buy another Pedal Power 2 and UK extension lead?

• Members

reading the whole thread i'm still not sure karl where are you from and what are you using...

are you from the U.S. and is your pedal power 110V U.S. version?

or are you from somewhere in europe and your pedal power is the 230V euro version?

if the first, you need a stepdown transformer to convert 230V to 110V to work with your equipment

if the later, you just need an adapter plug which works with u.k. outlets

• Members

reading the whole thread i'm still not sure karl where are you from and what are you using...

are you from the U.S. and is your pedal power 110V U.S. version?

or are you from somewhere in europe and your pedal power is the 230V euro version?

if the first, you need a stepdown transformer to convert 230V to 110V to work with your equipment

if the later, you just need an adapter plug which works with u.k. outlets

I'm from Canada so we go off the US plugs

• Members

I'm from Canada so we go off the US plugs

Best thing to do would be to email some bands that tour over here and ask them.

When my friends played in the states and japan they just took a few pedals with batteries in.

Archived