Killer Whales have the potential to kill.

amarr1

• Members

That's what you get when you put a predator with no natural enemies in captivity and teach them tricks for the entertainment of people.

I don't feel sorry.

true then again the shows that these animals are trained for pay for the research to help keep them alive in the wild. I don't think it's so clear cut. They are some big {censored}ing dolphins though. wouldn't catch me with them

• Members

true then again the shows that these animals are trained for pay for the research to help keep them alive in the wild. I don't think it's so clear cut. They are some big {censored}ing dolphins though. wouldn't catch me with them

this too, but someone is sitting {censored}in rich off the income and im sure thats his/her main goal

• Members

This, you cant trust an animal like that; keeping it in an enclosed space is gonna make it annoyed. still, poor trainer.

this too, but someone is sitting {censored}in rich off the income and im sure thats his/her main goal

I agree, I guess it's just a "necessary" evil if it keeps them orcas off the moon :poke:

• Members

true then again the shows that these animals are trained for pay for the research to help keep them alive in the wild.

I honestly don't think this is true. From a business perspective it wouldn't make any sense, and that's what entertainment parks are.

And even if it is, the only reason that killer whales might become extinct, is because of mankind. It would only be fair for us to help keep them alive.

• Members

I honestly don't think this is true. From a business perspective it wouldn't make any sense, and that's what entertainment parks are.

And even if it is, the only reason that killer whales might become extinct, is because of mankind. It would only be fair for us to help keep them alive.

from a business perspective it does make sense. Making your company look like a concerned force lands more profit. For example look at BP. It's an oil company and makes all its money from putting gas in cars, but it has commercials showing it's looking for alternate energy. That makes the company look like for the average joe like it has morals and they'll get their gas from that company to help it. BP now gets more money then it spent thus profit. same thing applies here.

• Members

from a business perspective it does make sense. Making your company look like a concerned force lands more profit. For example look at BP. It's an oil company and makes all its money from putting gas in cars, but it has commercials showing it's looking for alternate energy. That makes the company look like for the average joe like it has morals and they'll get their gas from that company to help it. BP now gets more money then it spent thus profit. same thing applies here.

But the question remains: What has been accomplished?

Because keeping animals like that in captivity for the sole purpose of entertainment doesn't seem really fair. So there better be some pretty good research out there that has saved tons of killer whales from unnatural death. And the fact is, there isn't. The research that is funded by the marine life parks is interested in the culture of killer whales, biology,... Not in stopping them from being extinct.

Knowledge shouldn't come at any price. Especially knowledge like this.

Archived