Thinking about going the M9 route...

amarr1

• Members

LOVE my M9. The only thing I'm not totally sold on are the dirts. They're pretty good, but not good enough to totally kill an analog dirt pedal.

The delays and reverbs alone are worth the price of admission ($250 DL-4 + $150 Verbzilla). Expression pedal can control any parameter, which really opens up the options. The phasers are really really good to my ear, and about every week I find a new effect that I like. Really, I have no problem doing small gigs with only the M9- easily good enough on everything to cover it.

• Members

I have several on my youtube channel......

Cool... this makes a lot of sense now. I see you use a lot of modulation effects and I am not really into that right now....

I think the M9 is a great pedal but I also believe that the M9 will give your hours and hours of enjoyment with tweaking and discovering the different settings so I would end up tweaking and experimenting endlessly and not playing the guitar. Another reason for me not to want this pedal...

• Members

I think the M9 is a great pedal but I also believe that the M9 will give your hours and hours of enjoyment with tweaking and discovering the different settings so I would end up tweaking and experimenting endlessly and not playing the guitar. Another reason for me not to want this pedal...

You know, I was worried about this, too, but I've found that I end up sticking with a few things that I really like and stopping there. Sure, if I need a pitch shifter, it's there, and if I need a Seek Wah, it's there, but for the most part, I use my M9 for delay, reverb, and phaser. Everything else is just gravy. Even once I got my expression pedals in, I found that I just didn't need foot controlled parameters on every effect- just very few.

That said, I have now filled up my first three scenes just with stuff I use at church, and even while letting the rest of my board cover most distortion (I do use the M9's fuzz), compression, volume, and chorus. Sometimes it's easier to chain effects together for one cohesive effect- for example, a pitch shifter into a swelling delay into the octave reverb. I leave those three effects just on all the time, so when I switch to that scene, it's like kicking on one effect.

It's a cool thing, especially if you will use the effects. If you're not a heavy effects user, the M9 probably isn't going to do much for you.

• Members

I find the m9 to be ideal for me, i don't use some effects enough to buy them individually, especially modulation. However having them sitting there just in case is really good. I also think the dirts are pretty good for messing with. i have also discovered pitch vibrato because of it. Its brilliant for what it is, which is a multi effect and looper.

• Members

or if you use more than three effects at once

I suppose if you wanted an all-in-one box, you could buy a Digitech or something. High quality amp sims and passable effects.

If, instead, you wanted over 100 great effects in one package (at worst comparable to Boss; at best comparable to boutique pedals), with as many as 3 on at a time, this unit is perfect for your needs.

It's JUST a DL-4 that's superior in every way. I'm not sure why some people want to make it something it's not.

Archived