My Bloody Valentine distortion ques

chrisjnyc

• Members

If you read an early interview w/ guitar player mag I think he says sometimes they reran the recorded guitar parts back into the amps to make them dirtier?
:eek:

Yeah, it's called re-amping; kind of a big thing in recording that's been around for a while.

• Members

if anyone has a pic of his loveless rig that would be a really cool sight. i don't think i've ever seen mbv board pics besides the reunion era ones...

yeah, what's up with this?

and most importantly - which unit did he use for reverse reverb? the alesis of spx90?

• Members

nah, the setting is in ms - it's an actual pre-delay for the reverse gate setting

then its 75-85 ms

edit: from mbv's tech loveless era

wet 100%

liveness set around 3-5

room size 20.0

cant remember the lpf

cant remember pre delay

i experimented with these settings and found that the pre delay is at around 75 ms to 85 ms depending on taste. the results sound like this

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zOreojwOIIM

• Members

the midiverb 2 is airy and sweepy, the spx90 is more dense and orchestral

Interesting... I never knew there was that much of a difference between them. Then again I never play either so my opinion is moot.

I'll probably keep my eye out for a SPX-90.

• Members

[quote

diabolus, i would love to see the pic you have of his early 90's rig if you could post it.

Man, I've been looking all over for the magazine(either Select or Option) or image I had of it but I still have yet to find:cry:

I'll post when I find!:thu:

I also agree the midiverb II 100% wet is nicely fuller than even its 50% dry. The feature of having an output knob is nice as you can provide a nice ample boost as well. I think patch 43 is pure "Slow" glidyness.

• Members

i think 46 is the patch he was using when i saw them in virginia last summer. my friend took some pictures that i never got but i can ask next time i talk to him.

midiverbs are a great bang for your buck reverb unit i think i paid $40 for mine last year and i think the only think seperating it from the spx is noise. but the midiverb does have stereo ins and outs, while the spx is just stereo out.

Archived