At What Point Does One Stop Buying Pedals And Save Up For Another Guitar?

hot_karl

• Members

I had my dream setup for pedals... a few times... the last time they added up to around 1500 bucks so I just sold everything and bought a hot rod 62 strat and started over... I feel like everytime I start over I get smarter... I am no longer buying 200 dollar pedals I use once during a set.... I just got an m13 to cover most of the pedals I would only use once or twice and bought dirt and analog delay that would be on most of the time... So now I have a guitar I love and pedals that I am happy with even though they might not be my dream setup for each individual style of effect. I can do as much if not more with my new setup and love the guitar I am playing.... just my two cents... its always good to start over, never get to comfortable and learn from your mistakes

• Members

This point will come on its own you cant controll it! There was a point i was cured of Pedal gas and moved on to guitar gas now its the other way around again and i am selling off 3 guitars and my mesa to finance more pedals :facepalm:

• Members

Buy an amp and a guitar you like the sound of without pedals, then start buying pedals again.

I already have this, I just want a vintage firebird, they are reaching ridiculous prices these days...

and as for pedals, I'm not really hording them, I just keep buying and trying to find the select few that i really love.

• Members

pedal and microphone addiction is easy because the people around you don't really understand the value and price that these little objects can cost.

They're little and you can hide them.

but when you've got a bunch of guitars, people will sooner say something.

ask 100 random people which seems more valuable

five epiphone guitars vs fifty pedals

99% will think the guitars have more value.

• Members

In my case after I stop buying vintage drum machines and buy new valves for my amp

Jimmy Tamborello's studio vid on YouTube sparked my interest in vintage drum machines/sequencers... I think it's this one but @ work/can't watch.

[YOUTUBE][/YOUTUBE]

On topic - buy the guitar now, buy pedals later.

Archived