Patch Cables, what do you guys use/like

Mikeo

• Members

I am in the process of putting together a pedal board, it's taking more time than I thought, I would like some nicer patch cables than the molded ones I current have.

Any one using George L's right angle ones or the Lava right angle one.

Here's what's going on the board, incase you want to know

Ernie Ball Volume Pedal

Boss TU-2 out the tuner out of the Ernie Ball

Fulltone 2

Barber Tone Press You guys were a big help recommending this one I did try the Keeley 2 and 4 knob units too

Fulltone OCD

MXR Mirco amp for some boost

Fulltone Supra Trem

MXR Carbon Copy

Hernida Reverb ( when they give me a call back or answers my emails)

Radial Bones A/B/Y box

I'm still waiting on the Supra trem, they store should have it in this week and also the Hermdia reverb.

When everything is here at the house I will power it up with a Voodoo Lab power supply and then order the correct size Pedal Train board. If I can get away with the PT-2-HC I will if I need the bigger one, I will order the PT-PRO-HC.

Any help on what you like or have had success with in the line of patch cords would be much appreciated.

I want to have it tight and neat.

Thanks in advance and I will check back later.

• Members

If you plan to solder or want to order custom you can save some money getting the pancakes otherwise you want to go with the George L's, Lava cable or Planet Waves kits. I use Boss cables that came with the first pedal board I got (BCB-60). Got rid of the board but still using the cables....

• Members

The 24-karat ones that are shielded with braided human hair work great for me.

:lol:

Have you tried braided pubic hair for shorter runs, and have you had more sucess with blondes or brunettes?

I have access to a fine blonde: My wife

Seriously thanks guys, any more input would be great

• Members

I build my own cables, custom lengths to keep the board nice and neat. Using Neutrik plugs and Mogami 2319s. About 25 feet of cabling and 45 plugs for $75-$80.

where would i get something like this? i am in need of buying some as well. alot of them. this seems like a good deal. where?

• Members

From suggestions here [thanks guys!] I soldered my own with Lava mini cable, pancake plugs from OC speaker repair and shrink tube from Harbor Freight. 40 bucks for ten perfect length cables and a dose of self satisfaction is a super deal in my book.

• Members

I use planet waves solderless. I don't like them.

I'd prefer to use soldered cables with Neutrik ends, but (a) I don't know how to solder, (b) they'd end up taking up even more space on my board, and © it seems like too big an expenditure of time to switch them out.

The PWs sound fine, but I've had a few cables here and there go bad.

Archived