Which guitarists use Whammy really well?

wodbs_2004

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members
The Edge.

Exactly.

The Edge got on the Whammy train really early, considering he was using it on Achtung Baby which came out the same year as the Whammy pedal was invented. One could likely make a case that The Edge was the first person to use one on a major release. Frankly, it doesn't surprise me. Also, props for using it to create the riff :cool:

[YOUTUBE]ciRAhqMSVvs[/YOUTUBE]

[YOUTUBE]WjfVqepsSwQ[/YOUTUBE]

• Members

The guitarist for Thrice uses a whammy on the the song Image of the Invisible. I thought it blended in very well... very nice textural sort of thing.. check it out.. its during the chorus. The only part of the song I really like to be honest.

• Members

The guitarist for Thrice uses a whammy on the the song Image of the Invisible. I thought it blended in very well... very nice textural sort of thing.. check it out.. its during the chorus. The only part of the song I really like to be honest.

This reminds me, Of Dust and Nations from that same record. Teppei does some sweet Whammy work.

• Members
J.Page-1.jpg

There's two switches called "wham". One is for George Michael, the other is for.....that other dude that was in the band that wasn't George Michael. Be careful when you step on it though, it might wake you up before you go go.

I believe those two switches you are referring to on Pages board are actually pots.

Archived