Music Ground in the UK getting busted for fake Marshalls, Dumbles, and other vintage

Bobby D

• Members

Interesting read.

Like many others, I bought a JMI MKII Tonebender when they first came out and waited forever for my pedal...and it only showed up after I threatened to dispute the charge with my credit card company.

Now here's the kicker:

About 6 weeks after the pedal arrived those dumb {censored}s sent me another MKII with the same serial number. I couldn't believe it. I promptly sold both and turned a tidy profit. I even sent them a thank you note :poke: for sending me two pedals with the same serial numbers & certificate of duplication - errr - authenticity. They never wrote back

I have always wondered if that happened to anyone else that placed an order with them...

DK

• Replies 254
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I remember the case about the Gretsch because it was me that bought the Blonde Bandmaster Amp off Music Ground. I didn't know it was Music Ground at the time as I don't think it was listed under their usual ebay store. I probably wouldn't have bought the amp if I knew it was from them.

I remember I saw it listed on ebay for like

• Members
I notice that my comment seems to have "been misplaced"

I wasn't aggressive or abusive I simply put,"what about all these allegations about fake gear?" obviously that sites run by the old boys club
:rolleyes:

Probably not the old boys club. More likely to have been the legal advisors. That's what you get for living in a land with {censored} libel laws. The BBC is the same on its messageboards since the Hutton Inquiry. I was cautioned by moderators for posting on a tennis blog. All I did was state that Roger Draper, the chief executive of the Lawn Tennis Association, should be tied to a netball post and pelted with balls until he offered his resignation.

It might well be libellous to label this particular musical company as thieves, as that is an accusation of criminal behaviour. It certainly isn't libellous to describe them as cunts :)

• Members

I always did wonder, looking at their ads in the back of guitar mags - how come these people have got so many vintage guitars and amps? Where do they source them from? Now I know.

I taught guitar in the 80s and 90s and one of my pupils - a big old builder guy - bought a faked-up strat from a shop in Croydon. The owner literally ran for it when he saw him coming back!! Oh yeah, he got a full refund, no messing!

Surely ALL the decent U.S. vintage guitars ever made are now documented, bought, spoken for, in collections?

• 2 weeks later...
  • Members

errrrrrrm.......I've emailed them regarding this item and i'm waiting to see what happens.

well it arrived finally but had to wait over 2 weeks and send a 'polite' email regarding it's whereabouts considering it was listed as 'in stock' (i work in retail and i know exactly why it never turned up sooner. In stock my arse!) i'm interested to hear from anyone else who has bought one of these 'ltd' edition pedals cause mine is 35/100 and i've had it a week yet on another forum someone said theirs was 64/100 and they'd owned it for about a year?

• Members

I was in Denmark Street last week and one of their stores down there (Regent Sounds or whatever it's called) was 'Closed Until Further Notice' and looking very sorry for itself. The main store on the other hand, as tube zipper just stated, remains open.

I wouldn't mind seeing that main store shut down, that place is a crock of {censored}.

• Members

I was in Denmark Street last week and one of their stores down there (Regent Sounds or whatever it's called) was 'Closed Until Further Notice' and looking very sorry for itself. The main store on the other hand, as tube zipper just stated, remains open.

I wouldn't mind seeing that main store shut down, that place is a crock of {censored}.

yeah regent sound is {censored}e (along with macaris) and deserves to be closed, whatever the reason may be

however i must say regent sounds selection of hiwatts and that dual showman in the back are :love:

Still not sure why music ground remains open after the {censored} hit the fan.

Archived