NGD: Classic Vibe Tele

• Members

actually my NGD was yesterday but i was too busy playing it to write about it :love:

well, the hype is true, these are lovely guitars. neck is great, pickups sound awesome (so much better than the humbuckers on my jagmaster, i've missed single coils). the bridge is chimey and twangy and trebly but not unpleasant. the neck is warm and rounded, the two pickups sound like different guitars and you can differentiate them when playing both together. the neck one is the weaker of the two though, i've been thinking about putting a BK Mississsippi Queen in it after listening to Loobs' Warmoth tele. it's routed for a humbucker anyway so it'll fit. i've only been playing it a day though, i'll try it with the band on friday and see how i feel then.

i needed to adjust the pickup height when i got it as the bridge was way louder but apart from that it was nicely setup and playable out of the box. makes my amp sound good again, i was suspecting that it was the amp and not the humbuckers that i wasn't happy with but this confirms it, i :love: the combination of this guitar and my amp.

it took me a while to find a shop with one in stock actually, i think this must be one of the last in the UK :D everywhere i asked said they'd been told 'end of May' by fender.

he gave me

• Members

woohoo!

i've always liked teles and this is my first one.

just such a simple, effective design. less really is more.

it really is. The only issue I have with mine is the pickup volume mismatch. Just been too lazy to adjust it. Planning on throwing a humbucker in the neck at some point any way.

• Members

i just had to screw the bridge pickup screws a couple of turns to drop it down a little and it sorted it out.

i like the fact that they routed out a hole big enough for a humbucker as its such a common mod on teles and it can't have cost them much more, they were really thinking.

the guitar seems to be a great base for modders. i'm thinking about getting a bigsby and one of those pots that doubles as a kill switch now :D

• Members

i like the fact that they routed out a hole big enough for a humbucker as its such a common mod on teles and it can't have cost them much more, they were really thinking.

I didn't know this, I've been wanting a Tele with a P90 and this might be the best way to do it. I'm hoping one day they expand the CV line and add a Jazzmaster, I would buy 2!

Archived