NPD: Jimi in the box

• Members

I use my Octafuzz right before my '69 fuzz, sounds awesome! I keep the fuzz control @ 0 on the octafuzz and the volume is dimed. Then I only play with my guitar's volume. It also sounds cool with my amp dirts!

Congrats on you NPD!

• Members
HNPD man. I have an Electric Smile and I really love that thing. I'd like to try one of the Octavio's some time.

Gainster's clips of the Electric Smile sounded awesome. :thu:

I am a big fan of Roger Mayer's octavias, I had the Rocket for 5 or 6 years. I'm using the Vision for quite some time now. There's going to be some intense A/B sessions in the next days.
It's going to be hard to beat my vision octavia + NKT sunface combo. :love:

• Members
It seems like this is the magic setting for octavias with transformers.
:lol:

The actual fuzz tone is cool, but the octave effect get lost in the mix. I thing it's cool that the Octafuzz has a switch to have the fuzz only

• Members

I know I'm getting a lil seriouse for this discussion, but what era of Jimi are we telling on, my favorite personally is the BOG era, where if my data is intact,he was usein' a Roger Mayer, moded fuzeface/italian vox wah/ Roger Mayer moded, octaveia/ and the 1and only then anyways' univibe...

I'm guessing though ya'll are afer the fuzz, tone find a mid67-plexi-through 68 plexi and dime them, you won't need a pedal, oh yeah this is the fx fourm, I've pumped many germ/sili/-through marsh/fender/hiwatt/randall/boogie/ampeg/gibson/crate/carvin/lab/lalala, the verdict is, nobody can sound loike Jimi, cause nobody, can play like Jimi.

Many come close Randy Hansen in my witnessing, the closest, I've been to at least half a dozen, Hendrix exp. shows, and they are great, yet even all those players of caliper will be the firt to admit, you can't go there, why well if you don't know why you have not listened to enought Jimi...

Not to take away from the stomp box yos', but facts are facts, and apple aint oranges...

• Members

I know I'm getting a lil seriouse for this discussion, but what era of Jimi are we telling on, my favorite personally is the BOG era, where if my data is intact,he was usein' a Roger Mayer, moded fuzeface/italian vox wah/ Roger Mayer moded, octaveia/ and the 1and only then anyways' univibe...

I'm guessing though ya'll are afer the fuzz, tone find a mid67-plexi-through 68 plexi and dime them, you won't need a pedal, oh yeah this is the fx fourm, I've pumped many germ/sili/-through marsh/fender/hiwatt/randall/boogie/ampeg/gibson/crate/carvin/lab/lalala, the verdict is,
nobody can sound loike Jimi
, cause nobody, can play like Jimi.

Many come close Randy Hansen in my witnessing, the closest, I've been to at least half a dozen, Hendrix exp. shows, and they are great, yet even all those players of caliper will be the firt to admit, you can't go there, why well if you don't know why you have not listened to enought Jimi...

Not to take away from the stomp box yos', but facts are facts, and apple aint oranges...

It this was true, boutique builders pioneers such as Analogman, Foxrox, Fulltone & Teese would have never succeed.

Archived