On the Corner=mind blown

• Members

you just can't hear over the clanking orders shouted at you from the Corvair, FEED MONEY PIT NOW!!!!!!!!!

an old man at church last week noticed that my pedal board had all but disappeared. it was just my reverb/vibrato switch at my feet. :cry: ; but it sounded awesomer than ever.

• Members

I haven't heard that one, but I have really liked all the "electric period" Miles albums I've heard- In A Silent Way, Bitches Brew, Live-Evil, Jack Johnson, Dark Magus... might have to make that one my next purchase...

Back to the OP ---

The stuff above is really great stuff, but my mind was really blown when I first heard Agharta/Pangea - On the Corner and the other similar studio stuff is cool, but the live stuff that Columbia was releasing is just mind blowing. Dark, funky, swampy, smack-dreamy stuff like Agharta (and Pangea - both recorded on the same day - ) just floored me the first time I heard them. I had no idea that there was anything like that. It just doesn't sound like anything - jazz or otherwise. Absolutely fantastic.

Don't limit yourself to the studio stuff that's out there. Miles' live records from the '70s are just - singular things. There's nothing like that out there.

When I first heard Agharta/Pangea (Live/Evil, too), I was just getting into "jazz". I was a huge MBV and shoegaze fan and that stuff really fit into that - maybe more than anything. Do yourself a favor - get Agharta and/or Pangea. Incredible music. Seriously. Unlike anything...

Aside from the hard bop era, Miles never did anything that was just as amazing. Crazy/cool stuff.

Yeah.

• Members

i like miles' acumen, i havent heard anything of his that is revolting...

that said, check out his "Konserthuset; Live @ Stockholm, March 22" & any of his live 1964 {censored} - amazing performances... everyone was on fire in that era.

• Members

Back to the OP ---

The stuff above is really great stuff, but my mind was really blown when I first heard
Agharta/Pangea
-
On the Corner
and the other similar studio stuff is cool, but the live stuff that Columbia was releasing is just mind blowing. Dark, funky, swampy, smack-dreamy stuff like
Agharta
(and
Pangea
- both recorded on the same day - ) just floored me the first time I heard them. I had no idea that there was anything like that. It just doesn't sound like anything - jazz or otherwise. Absolutely fantastic.

Don't limit yourself to the studio stuff that's out there. Miles' live records from the '70s are just - singular things. There's nothing like that out there.

When I first heard
Agharta/Pangea
(
Live/Evil
, too), I was just getting into "jazz". I was a huge MBV and shoegaze fan and that stuff really fit into that - maybe more than anything. Do yourself a favor - get
Agharta
and/or
Pangea
. Incredible music. Seriously. Unlike anything...

Aside from the hard bop era, Miles never did anything that was just as amazing. Crazy/cool stuff.

Yeah.

Agreed, I have heard them all, they changed my perspective on Jazz and music in general, Miles was a great Artist.

Archived