How did you get in the band you're in now?

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I said, "Hey Sean, you should form a band [with these tracks]."

He said, "Actually, you were meant to be in a band with me."

I said, "Really? Okay, let's form a band."

A few months later:

I said, "Don't leave me in the lurch with venues"

He said, "Blah, blah Blah, cry cry cry, exams etc"

I said, "Okay, bye."

• Members

Round 1:

I played in a highschool band with my drummer friend Scott.

Years later hes in our local state college. He meets Kyle (bass player)

Scott and I form another band with Kyle on bass and My cousing Justin singing.

Play for a year and do the college house party thing (lota fun)

Justin (singer) quits and form bluegrass band

Round 2:

Kyle (bass) now sings for us and also plays in the aforementioned bluegrass band . We continue to write and do our spin on covers.

Before any shows happen, Scott (drummer) gets angry and Kyle (bass) and quits.

Round 3:

Levi (drummer) meets kyle. Levi is from around town so he had come and seen my highschool band play in like 2002 (senior year).

We hit it off and write and learn some covers (spin them again). Practice an improv exercise for an entire summer. Connect musically. My buddy Paul (guitar) plays as a second guitarist for a while.

Play lots of house party's, bar shows, after hours jam/improv right on the main street in the middle of campus. Lots of people come and hear us and we have a lot of fun.

We get the stage at the bar across the street for a sunday improv. We make a lot of fun noise and bring in business. Then we continue to bring the jam/party back over to the house.

Kyle gets drunk too much and falls into the drum set a lot around this point in time. I get more serious and frustrated. I quit.

Round 4:

Kyle (bass and vox) and Levi (drums) find Greg (guitar/keys) and start a cover band with kyles girlfriend Erin (vox).

They do their thing and eventually Kyle, Levi, and I reunite. We do dual gigs for a while and eventually Levi gets sick of the cover band and breaks it off.

Round 5:

Kyle, Levi, and I keep doing our thing. Learn/write new stuff. Play some open mic's and bar christmas partys (Levi bar tended).

Greg (guitar for their cover band) starts to rock some keys for us. We play a house party and everyones on extacy including the band, except for me :( I have these recordings if anyone wants me to post them

hah

That's as far as that line up made it. Levi moved to Texas.

Round 6:

Me (guitar), Greg (bass), Scott (drums), Dawason (vox), Mel (keys) start a funk, rock, hip hop band. Played a song at the braiden auditorium (lots of way more amazing bands than us have played that stage). Continue to write and work on things. Mel had some things going on and we had to move on without her. Greg (bass) started playing keys and we got kyle (bass/vox) back on bass and brought in his girl Erin (vox) to sing. Dawason gets super big headed/butt hurt and quits. That band had potential :(

Round 7:

Me (guitar), Greg (keys), Kyle (bass/vox), Erin (vox), Ben (drums) write 4 songs. Kyle, Erin, Greg have an acoustic cover band. Erin was recording a pop album with a local producer in the meantime. Broke it off with him and got ancy to get out there again. KEG band (their cover band) is now currently getting in the way.

Round 8: Current setup

Greg (bass), Ben (drums), Me (guitar) have been having some really great jam sessions waiting for Kyle and Erin to get over playing covers and making 40 bucks a peice getting "payed" and come back and write and play with us again.

And scene!

Archived