Diametro was banned? What happened?

• Members

It was my understanding there's that holy trinity thing going on ... god sr., the offspring, holy spirit ... all one ... like a workstation ...

Diametro......shut up....you don't know what you're.....

.....oh....

hang on. What what this thread meant to be about??

• Replies 361
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

NO, that is NOT true whatsoever. You will be JUDGED by GOD at the GATES OF HEAVEN and at that point you can repent. Sorry, but God always keeps the entry to heaven in his court- not semantics. Or Kings for that matter.

But you may choose the King James version. Im sure that a King didn't have any motivation to edit things...

Thats my FAVORITE- the KING James bible... Nope Im pretty sure its supposed to come from God... hehehe. But yeah, I would edit Gods words too! I know many will argue but if you understand the CONTEXT of translation, you also understand its motivations...

Wow, its like Im a christian all over agin!

You can believe that if you want, but your concept is NOWHERE to be found in the bible... you do need to be saved before you die. That's one of the basics of the bible. I've read it. Many times.

• Members

Ive never understood how Jesus as Gods son, doesn't qualify as a God. God like power, in heaven kickin it with the big one... Better than everybody else and we all are supposed to try to live like him....

Well Jesus is God, indeed. That is another basis of christianity...

In fact God is 3 persons, like Diametro said: Father, Son and Holy Spirit. One of the things you receive by faith.

• Members

Actually, the bible was written in aramaic, translated into greek; so we don't have anything near an original copy. Closest thing would be the dead sea scrolls, right language and historical context, unfortunately not the right story.

• Members
Actually, the bible was written in aramaic, translated into greek; so we don't have anything near an original copy. Closest thing would be the dead sea scrolls, right language and historical context, unfortunately not the right story.

Wrong. :rolleyes:
New Testament = Koine Greek
Old Testament = Mostly ancient hebrew with some passages in aramaic.
Dead sea scrolls are all related to the old testament and they are in hebrew...

• Members

I guess we'll just have to disagree then Christian.

Old testament predates aramaic hence all hebrew. Jews at the time of christ in the holy land spoke hebrew blended with the language of their conquereres: Aramaic.Holy documents were probably still written in hebrew though so you're probably right on the scrolls.

I spent my youth in a Yeshiva ( Jewish orthodox) so I spent 4 years of my life reading Aramaic in the Mishna and Talmud. The new Testament was translated early on ( 50-100 years out) into greek. (Septagenuit or something like that)

IIRC the earliest copy of a bible still existant is many centuries later than that on all accounts.

Dead sea scrolls actually were actually a library spanning nearly 300 years up to about 68 A.D. and were written in 3 languages: Hebrew (older) Aramaic (newer) and greek (newest).

I spent my youth in a Yeshiva ( Jewish orthodox) so I spent 4 years of my life reading Aramaic in the Mishna and Talmud.

This explains it all ! And it is great to have a different opinion.

Just, guys, please do not try to find the "truth" about the Old/New/Upcoming testament in a music forum. That is a waste of time.

• Members

Old testament predates aramaic hence all hebrew. Jews at the time of christ in the holy land spoke hebrew blended with the language of their conquereres: Aramaic.Holy documents were probably still written in hebrew though so you're probably right on the scrolls.

I spent my youth in a Yeshiva ( Jewish orthodox) so I spent 4 years of my life reading Aramaic in the Mishna and Talmud. The new Testament was translated early on ( 50-100 years out) into greek. (Septagenuit or something like that)

IIRC the earliest copy of a bible still existant is many centuries later than that on all accounts.

Dead sea scrolls actually were actually a library spanning nearly 300 years up to about 68 A.D. and were written in 3 languages: Hebrew (older) Aramaic (newer) and greek (newest).

-- The Septuaging (also called LXX) is the OLD TESTAMENT translated into Greek, and that was a few centuries before Christ.

-- The greek documents found with the Dead Sea Scrolls are parts of the LXX. No piece of New Testament was found there because at the date these documents were hidden in those caves, the NT didn't exist yet.

-- The New Testament was originally written in Koine Greek as I said, not aramaic.

Come on man, even a wikipedia search will tell you those things. Unless you disagree from what the main agreement on archeological findings are, that's a different thing. But being that you didn't even know what the LXX is, I pretty much doubt you're making any informed statements here.

No thread locking but please cool off, amigos.

Let the rest of the world kill and fight in the name of religion. Not here.

Unless, of course, you send me -while I am alive, of course- the 17 beautiful and sexy virgins (?)- islamics get when they go to their version of heaven. :lol:

• Members

Oh come on, that's bull{censored}. No, it's just the mods that have tested him. He came out unbanned, so I guess he passed the test.

I just hope the shards of broken pottery and losing his livestock didn't hurt too much :(.

• Members

It's funny that the Roman shorthand for septuagint {LXX}, a Greek text, has such widespread use. It's like the BCE version of leetspeak. I'll refrain from uploading the picture of the crucifixion with KTHXBAI in the place of INRI, though.

• Members

Cr, no passionate feelings here either way. Truth is always a personal issue.

The point I'm making( and you're missing ) is that the original new testament

no longer exists. It would have been written in Aramaic. The only other alternative is a series of oral traditions in Aramaic that was translated into Greek about 100 years after the fact.

As for speaking with any Authority about your religious interpretation, not at all. Christians copied/ translated what they considered the old testament. Why would I bother with their terminology? Jews have read it in its original language for 2 thousand years.The Greek version,edited by church followers was for Christians, not Jews.

As for Wikipedia, you could have used it yourself when you wrote "the dead sea scrolls were written in Hebrew.or that the old testament was written in Aramaic. Maybe your old testament but not mine.

Archived