Diametro was banned? What happened?

• Members

Unless, of course, you send me -while I am alive, of course- the 17 beautiful and sexy virgins (?)- islamics get when they go to their version of heaven.

Islam1- Cool, we made it to Heaven !

Islam2- Yes, and here come the 72 virigins

Islam1- Wait, we're spirits, we have no bodies, and no sexual organs.....

Islam2- What kind of Heaven is this, anyway ?

Deep Voice (Laughing)- Who told you this was Heaven ?

• Replies 361
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

That came off harsher than I meant.

The point is that a Jewish religion leader, in a Jewish country,followed by

Jewish disciples would have written their observations/testament in their own

language which was Aramaic. Did you think the entire populace was fluent in Greek?

Even with the Greek versions there was editing on a macro scale ( which texts are included) and a micro scale (how do you translate the word emet?)

This was done in Judaism as well.

• Members

Cr, no passionate feelings here either way. Truth is always a personal issue.

The point I'm making( and you're missing ) is that the original new testament

no longer exists. It would have been written in Aramaic. The only other alternative is a series of oral traditions in Aramaic that was translated into Greek about 100 years after the fact.

As for speaking with any Authority about your religious interpretation, not at all. Christians copied/ translated what they considered the old testament. Why would I bother with their terminology? Jews have read it in its original language for 2 thousand years.The Greek version,edited by church followers was for Christians, not Jews.

As for Wikipedia, you could have used it yourself when you wrote "the dead sea scrolls were written in Hebrew.or that the old testament was written in Aramaic. Maybe your old testament but not mine.

The first phrase of Wikipedia on the Dead Sea Scrolls states that what we know as the Hebrew Bible was contained in the Dead Sea Scrolls. Also read the entry on the Masoretic Text and you'll see a section on the Dead Sea Scrolls. Read more about it and you'll see it was mostly greek and hebrew as I said, with documents in aramaic as well.

If you want to believe the New Testament was in Aramaic (as do many jews), that's ok, but it goes against current archeological evidence, and therefore you can't present it as anything close to fact.

Finally, sections of the book of Daniel, Ezra and Esther were written in aramaic. I didn't say the whole thing was written in aramaic, just sections.

• Members

That came off harsher than I meant.

The point is that a Jewish religion leader, in a Jewish country,followed by

Jewish disciples would have written their observations/testament in their own

language which was Aramaic. Did you think the entire populace was fluent in Greek?

Even with the Greek versions there was editing on a macro scale ( which texts are included) and a micro scale (how do you translate the word emet?)

This was done in Judaism as well.

That's ok.

Greek was the language spoken by the world at the time, thanks to Alexander the Great. So it made sense to write it in the language that is either first or second language in the most countries, like English is today.

Plus the New Testament was written mostly by Paul (who wrote in greek as he was sent to preach to the non-jews) and only later by the apostles, when Jerusalem had already fallen and the jews were scattered all over the world.

Still, it is thought that possibly Matthew and the letter to the Hebrews might have been written in Aramaic, but even that is considered unlikely by scholars.

You might want to research this further and not just go by what your rabbi's say, especially concerning christianity, which isn't liked very much by most jews.

• Members

My idea of a
better
heaven would include filthy sluts. Who the hell wants virgins?

How about both?

Anyway ... Isn't it more fun to defile a virgin ... ??? :evil: With sluts, more extreme measures are necessary if not welcomed ...

• Members

Who needs virgins when you have this!

usetup2ff3.jpg

I would hope that the virgin program got cancelled after all these radical Islams started committing acts of terrorism in order to claim their virgins. :cop:

Unless the virgins more closely resemble Bubba... :facepalm:

• Members

Korg appears to be making some inroads to Diametro's inner sanctum, though.

After I snag an ER-1 and one or two mini KPS ... I AM DONE WITH TEH KORG FOREVER ... !!!

Anybody know how those things sound ... ??? Similar sound quality to KP3 ... ???

• Members

I'm trying to get out of town ...

ishackimageys0.jpg

but they won't leave me be ... (seriously, though, I really like Korg's DJ/dance products ... I'm less enamored of their products with keys ... )

BTW ... Am I the only one who LOVES zombie movies ... ??? (Even if most of them always seem to disappoint in the end ... )

I keep toying with the idea of making a Zombie movie set at Love Canal (Is there any better setting?) ...

In fact, I'm waiting for pioneering environmental justice activist Lois Gibbs to give me a call for an interview about the 30th anniversary of President Carter declaring it a federal emergency and moving out more than 800 families from the affected area ... (She's 20 minutes late ... Time to give her a jingle ... )

Archived