Catalinbread Pareidolia Harmonic Mesmerizer -- WTF is it????

Bobby D

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

it IS really cool........it can be very subtle, and does not take over your sound like some trems do. the vibe-like quality is what i really love about it, but it's more subtle than a vibe as well.

gonna gig with it and see how it does onstage. i bet it sounds GREAT at stage volume :thu:

Cool demo - thanks Bobby. :phil:

It does sound like a cross between a phaser, a trem and a filter of some sort, which kind of does give it a bit of a vibe type effect, but yet a bit different... Definitely cool sounding.

BTW, pick up your phone - someone's calling. :wave:

• Members

Cool demo - thanks Bobby. :phil:

It does sound like a cross between a phaser, a trem and a filter of some sort, which kind of does give it a bit of a vibe type effect, but yet a bit different... Definitely cool sounding.

BTW, pick up your phone - someone's calling.
:wave:

you got GOOD EARS :lol:

• Members

working on it
:thu:

Good. I said it before... you have a good variety of skills to give folks good demos like Burgerman but your digicam is holding you back from making anything that would cause me to go buy a pedal. There is no nuance in these kinds of demos. Just excessive room hiss, {censored}ty reflection and over compressed madness. I would {censored}ing hate my pedals represented in such a way if I was a builder.

• Members

Good. I said it before... you have a good variety of skills to give folks good demos like Burgerman but your digicam is holding you back from making anything that would cause me to go buy a pedal. There is no nuance in these kinds of demos. Just excessive room hiss, {censored}ty reflection and over compressed madness. I would {censored}ing hate my pedals represented in such a way if I was a builder.

yes, i totally understand your point.

on the other hand, no matter HOW GOOD you record your demos, people are ALWAYS gonna bitch about youtube sound quality and compression, etc.

it's diminishing returns -- HOW MUCH time and money do you want to spend on demos that are going on youtube?

for me to buy video editing software, more mics, etc.....then spend time recording the video AND audio, then later synching it up in post....it's a LOT of work.

however......i truly believe the BEST solution for me is the ZOOM Q3 recorder...stereo mics and high quality audio, with the same video quality as my Canon SD780 camera (which aint too shabby for what it is)

i hope Zoom/Sampson USA will hear my plea :love:

• Members

"The Q3 has two condenser mics on-board, engineered in the same X/Y pattern that gives recording pros the best stereo recording possible. Arranged with the right and left mics on the same axis, this design ensures that the mics are always an equal distance from the sound source for perfect localization without phase shifting. The result is a great sounding recording with natural depth and highly accurate stereo imaging every time... all at the touch of a button."

:love::love::love:

if i can get the Q3, my demos will take a quantum leap in sound quality :thu:

SAL is right.....my audio needs to be better. and i WANT it to be better:thu:

• Members

yes, i totally understand your point.

on the other hand, no matter HOW GOOD you record your demos, people are ALWAYS gonna bitch about youtube sound quality and compression, etc.

it's diminishing returns -- HOW MUCH time and money do you want to spend on demos that are going on youtube?

for me to buy video editing software, more mics, etc.....then spend time recording the video AND audio, then later synching it up in post....it's a LOT of work.

however......i truly believe the BEST solution for me is the ZOOM Q3 recorder...stereo mics and high quality audio, with the same video quality as my Canon SD780 camera (which aint too shabby for what it is)

i hope Zoom/Sampson USA will hear my plea
:love:

You don't need super fancy stuff. Get a decent mic and use garageband and imovie. All that {censored} comes free on your mac.

• Members

To be honest the video is really not all that important. Its all about the sound of these lovely boxes. I don't need to see some internet personality yucking it up... Unless of course you are one of the hilariously awesome dudes from Dwarf craft.

Archived