Analog revrb nuts will love.......

shipatsea

• Members

the Ekdahl Moisturizer -

The Ekdahl Moisturizer by KNAS is an analog reverb unit with the coils exposed for realtime manipulation. You may pluck, pull, or strike the coil in order to create thunderous bursts and riveting pulses of dark noise. The face has various synth controls. You can view a demonstration of the unit on YouTube and other video sites. The Moisturizer can be used as an effects processor or as a standalone instrument by plucking and manipulating the coils, while tweaking the front panel controls.

[YOUTUBE][/YOUTUBE]

gallery_3.jpg

back.jpg

Another video with a slinky here:

http://vimeo.com/8251747

• Members

i think i saw them on Big City's site just yesterday. they're $430.

i think i'm going to get one asap, just a bit concerned about the fragility of the springs and what to do if it breaks. i'm guessing you could buy a cheap old spring tank, hook that up instead, and beat the living piss out of it without worry. no?

• Members

i think i heard about the solder joint breaking where it hooks on, i think this was mentioned when i first saw it maybe six months ago or so. this is probably a rare occurrence though? also, no idea what sort of spring that is, i've never seen that type/length before. i guess the mfgr would be the one to ask these questions.

Archived