Shall I do this?

Loobs

• Replies 325
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Basically I've been kinda seeing this girl and she's been in Australia for the last month. I'm really into her. Her flight gets back in here at 5am tomorrow morning. I jokingly said to her, I'll be waiting for you at the airport when it gets in. She kinda laughed and said 'don't be silly, that'a ridiculous to go there that early'. I'm wondering if I did it would she a) love it b) not love it.

Guys in my band were like "she said don't do it, but you really should do it, she expects you to be there and really actually wants you to be there." I'm not really sure whether to go or not. I know she really likes me but she might not want to see anyone after a 24hr flight. Going would be a super sweet gesture, but should I?

Also, it'll involve a 2hr30 night bus through London journey from 2am. I don't live remotely near the airport.

What airport? If it's Heathrow, take entertainment. Heathrow is a {censored}hole overnight.

If it's Gatwick, stack up on

• Members

Definitely do it. Definitely. You know inside it's what you want to do. It is a very cool gesture, and it makes you look like you're trying hard, in a good way. Girls like that. Or at least the girls that count like this kinda stuff.

• Members
Plan A was to get the last tube there then stay there. I veto'd that. There was no way I could stay in the airport all night. It's Heathrow. I've resorted to a complex network of cross-city nightbus routes instead.

Ouch. I spent the night in Heathrow once. Not cool. Sleeping on floors, {censored} all places to buy food, no decent arcade, no late night shopping.

Gatwick on the other hand was a blast. First time I slept overnight there, it was back in the days of smoking indoors and there was this small group of Nigerians smoking some kind of leaf and giggling maniacally. Awesome night and made even better when I found that Star Wars coin-op.

Good luck on the seductive moves :)

• Members
Ouch. I spent the night in Heathrow once. Not cool. Sleeping on floors, {censored} all places to buy food, no decent arcade, no late night shopping.

Gatwick on the other hand was a blast. First time I slept overnight there, it was back in the days of smoking indoors and there was this small group of Nigerians smoking some kind of leaf and giggling maniacally. Awesome night and made even better when I found that Star Wars coin-op.

Good luck on the seductive moves
:)

I couldn't face that. That smoking area in Gatwick was disgusting. I remember going there about 5am one morning before flying out to Greece. You felt like you needed an oxygen mask after being in there.

• Members

I checked with the wife about your situation. She confirmed it, you better go. your girl is expecting it, or secretly hoping you'll be there for her, yada yada. I lost track of what she was saying after a while, but yeah.

• Members

I checked with the wife about your situation. She confirmed it, you better go. your girl is expecting it, or secretly hoping you'll be there for her, yada yada. I lost track of what she was saying after a while, but yeah.

Yup. Gotta be done. Ah well, it's only a few hours then I'll be in bed asleep. I leave in an hour now.

• Members
I did this exact same thing, we'd been seeing each other for only a month or two, she jets off OS for a holiday, I meet her at 5am at the airport upon her return.

That was 10 years ago.

We're still together.
:thu:

Awesome. Well, it's decided. I'll post journey updates from the iphone. Ah, the wonders of modern technology.

Archived