Meeting at Paolo's place > tEh Official thread for first impressions

Gus Lozada

• Replies 138
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members
Eric, don't wait for me ... (my photos kind of suck ... at least the group shot, unfortunately ... I think I had one of the focus switches set incorrectly ... that D300 is a beast, and I'm not quite in control of it yet ... )

I'll post some photos today ... but the video's going to have to wait until I have more time ... (sorry)

BTW ... It was great meeting y'all ... EVERYBODY was terrific and added just the right blend to the situation ...

Crap, sorry to hear your group shot photos suck, as I don't really have a full group shot photo at all. :cry:

I did not leverage the ultra-serious tripod contraption that you had in motion to snap photos of the whole crowd. I may have a few worth posting, but realizing I did not use flash enough on my camera and they are blurry. Or Pighood was waving that strange stick like this :cop:

Here is Diametro's tripod contraption.

kss_6.JPG

I'll be back later to post more. I should have a few group and more individual photos, along with gear too. Just no proof I was actually there other than my photos!

• Members
Ping -

I just noticed one of you guys left here a volume pedal marked "Korg", one of those small sustain-type switch pedals, and a power cord
:cop:

-

Yeah, that'd be mine. Sorry man, I'm a slob and forget stuff sometimes. If you'd be so kind as to pack that up along with whatever it was connected to (I forget, silly me), I'd appreciate it.

:thu: thanks a bunch!

• Members

Ramkeys and Pighood discussing this large piece of hardware while Diametro brings Markyboard a bowl of soup.
kss_7.JPG

oldgearguy Tom sneaks off for a private moment with the Kurzweil.
kss_8.JPG

Analog beauty meets '80s rompler heaven.
kss_9.JPG

Diametro's rig
kss_10.JPG

Some of Paolo's rig
kss_11.JPG

Paolo and oldgearguy chat while akliner vocodes
kss_12.JPG

akliner on beer #23
kss_13.JPG

Paolo fires up the PC to log into KSS
kss_14.JPG

Diametro, akliner and Markyboard laugh while Paolo simultaneously banninates the entire KSS forum en masse. Did you guys notice a blip on Sunday where you could not log in?
kss_15.JPG

:wave:

• Members

Sounds like a nice time had by all!

Its always nice to meet people... I have only met Roald so far.. but had some encounter with the Plastic Baby crew at some point.

When I get to Oslo I hope to meet up with Per Kristian (wonder what happened to him?)...

• Members

Great photos, Eric! (your "people" shots are much better than mine ... I shot most of them at the beginning when people were more tense ...) My better ones are more gear prony ...

BTW ... I've decided I MUST have a JP-8 this year ... I can say unequivocally it met all my sonic expectations ... However, could it be a little heavier OR run hotter? Wow ... !!! I can also see how someone can move past it (like Pighood did ... "I made all the sounds I could make on it ... " he said or something like that ... )

But for me, it's heaven ... (It was nice to learn Paolo also "loves the Roland sound" best ... ) I do, of course , but I was also surprisingly turned on by the sound of the seemingly ancient K2000 ... especially as Paolo had it controlling a Fantom XR, pre-Motif Yamaha rack rompler and a Korg TR that I loved ... In fact, all of his synths are terrific ... though he's thinking of thinning out the ranks and concentrating on pieces like the Nord Wave ... )

Speaking of candidates for awesomeness of the year, as others have said, Paolo was the perfect host ... unbelievably generous and everything went perfectly ... it was as much fun and spontaneous yet "productive" as a five-hour jam/gabfest could be ... I drove home fully content that my time was well spent ...

Tomorrow, I start watching some of the video (two hours worth ... and I wonder what

Archived