Why do companies...

amarr1

• Members

Such as Target or the chairman of Danelectro support candidates or donate money to support certain controversial issues, such as gay marriage? I'd rather not talk about the morality, etc. or whatever the reasoning against gay marriage is these days... You'd think these companies would realize it would affect business, no? Discuss.

• Members
Then in that case, the chairman of Danelectro donated money because it's his money to waste however he wants.

This.

Who really effing cares?? It's a freaking product. It's not like the guy is over in the Sudan killing babies or something... :idk:... he took a stand on a controversial issue on something he believed in, that doesn't directly HURT anyone. Sure, the gays who want to get married are offended, but again, it goes back to his core values. In other words, it really shouldn't be a big deal. I get why it is a big deal, but it shouldn't be.

• Members

Then in that case, the chairman of Danelectro donated money because it's his money to waste however he wants.

Indeed if I was rolling in money I would donate a lot of it to causes I supported, if my customers didn't like it... tough {censored}.

• Members

I hate the whole political lobbying system. It's nothing more than a system where the rich can exert there financial influence over political and economic issues. It's like a big {censored} you to everyone who votes in elections. Joe Average can have their 'say' by voting for one of two puppets, who both answer to the same rich fat cats, and you get no say about any issue which matters, like Iraq, Afghanistan, corporate bailouts etc. But if you have money, you can lobby, and the powers that be will listen to what you have to say. Well thank you very much, I feel so important...NOT!

• Members
It's not like the guy is over in the Sudan killing babies or something...
:idk:
... he took a stand on a controversial issue on something he believed in, that doesn't directly HURT anyone. Sure, the gays who want to get married are offended, but again, it goes back to his core values.

No, you don't get it.

What if my core values are to make sure black people can't marry white people?

I mean, it doesn't directly HURT anyone. Sure the mixed race couples who want to get married are offended, but again, it goes back to my core values.

How does that sound? Would you shop at my store now?

Anyway, the Target thing is weird. They have always been seen as a gay friendly store and organization to work for. I bet they are feeling at least some backlash from employees and customers.

• Members

Who really effing cares?? It's a freaking product. It's not like the guy is over in the Sudan killing babies or something...
:idk:
... he took a stand on a controversial issue on something he believed in, that doesn't directly HURT anyone. Sure, the gays who want to get married are offended, but again, it goes back to his core values. In other words, it really shouldn't be a big deal. I get why it
is
a big deal, but it shouldn't be.

:facepalm:

• Members

So, you agree with everything that the people you buy from believe?

I'm with you, I've bought a few times from GGG and the guy who owns that is a religious loon ( I dread to think what his views are on some subjects) ... but that doesn't mean I can't do business with him. I've been more than happy with the service he provides to me and I'm sure he's been happy to have me as a customer. Just because we don't share the same beliefs, that doesn't mean we can't be polite and do business together.

• Members

this is so ridiculous.

Target donated to basically a conservative pac, who in turn donated to Tom Emmer (republican gubenatorial candidate). most republicans (and many democrats i may add) oppose gay marraige.

Barack {censored}ing Obama opposed gay marraige in the campaign. I'm 99.9% sure that they wouldn't be protesting Target if they had donated to a pac who supported Obama.

also, lobbyists ftw!

• Members

this is so ridiculous.

Target donated to basically a conservative pac, who in turn donated to Tom Emmer (republican gubernatorial candidate). most republicans (and many democrats i may add) oppose gay marriage.

Barack {censored}ing Obama opposed gay marriage in the campaign. I'm 99.9% sure that they wouldn't be protesting Target if they had donated to a pac who supported Obama.

also, lobbyists ftw!

This.

I actually like the idea that people can support who they want how they want. And if they donate large money we get to know about it. This is all good. The guys who scare me are the ones who work under the radar.

Archived