Gilmour & Waters reunion video....

companyman

• Members

fffuuuuuu!!!

"But it was later revealed that Gilmour would join Waters at an undisclosed Wall tour stop to perform "Comfortably Numb" with his Pink Floyd band mate. "He will decide in due course which gig he wants to do, it will be a surprise," Waters wrote on Facebook. "End of story. Or possibly beginning.""

im seeing waters in toronto in september and HOPE HOPE HOPE HOPE HOPE gilmour decides to perform at this show, of them all...

if not i :cry:

• Members
Seriously, that show was wasted on that crowd. You are in a tiny club, watching two members of one of the biggest and most influential bands on the planet. Shut the {censored} up.

yeah but dude they like PAYED to be there ....

rich people :facepalm:

• Members
yeah but dude they like PAYED to be there ....

rich people
:facepalm:

I just don't understand how ignorant you can be of that. During the Comfortably Numb solo you can see that you just walk up and watch David Gilmour from just a few feet away. No other ordinary person in the world gets that opportunity.

{censored}ers.

• Members

Dig that crazy rig Dave is playing thru.

and eh, yeah those filthy rich {censored}ers are ponying up a good chunks of change
to help others. Who gives a {censored} if they enjoy the music (I'm sure Dave & Rog didn't)...it was all for charity , maaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaan...:poke:

• Members

fffuuuuuu!!!

"But it was later revealed that Gilmour would join Waters at an undisclosed Wall tour stop to perform "Comfortably Numb" with his Pink Floyd band mate. "He will decide in due course which gig he wants to do, it will be a surprise," Waters wrote on Facebook. "End of story. Or possibly beginning.""

im seeing waters in toronto in september and HOPE HOPE HOPE HOPE HOPE gilmour decides to perform at this show, of them all...

if not i
:cry:

If I remember correctly, one of my notifications from the Waters mailing list said that David would be choosing one gig in the U.S. to do. So, no Toronto, mcnabbanoy. I doubt he'll show for the Boston gig I'm going to either. Probably somewhere where he would like to go and has friends... maybe L.A. or something.

• Members
If I remember correctly, one of my notifications from the Waters mailing list said that David would be choosing one gig in the
U.S.
to do. So, no Toronto,
mcnabbanoy
. I doubt he'll show for the Boston gig I'm going to either. Probably somewhere where he would like to go and has friends... maybe L.A. or something.

noooooooooooo :cry: :cry: :cry:

well i'll still hope.

and i see what you did tharr :poke:

• Members
I would kill to see Gilmour, Waters, and Mason play DSOTM all the way through. Shame Wright is gone.

+1 and I'm sure it will happen in the next few years (DSOTM 40th anniversary maybe :idea:)

Real shame about Wright, songs like "Us and Them" won't be the same :(

If there was a Floyd reunion it's most likely that Waters' son would be on keys

• Members

If there was a Floyd reunion it's most likely that Waters' son would be on keys

I think the reason why they're actually getting along (apparently) is because, with Rick's death, Pink Floyd is no longer a bone of contention. There IS no more Pink Floyd... it's finally over. Nothing to fight about, nothing to sue over. And perhaps Rick's death gave them a nudge about their own mortality as well. Additionally, a good part of the tension in the Wall period was regarding Roger wanting to throw Rick out of the band (which he ultimately had done) and Gilmour being on Rick's side and thinking that that was a really {censored}ty thing to do. With no more Rick... well, there you go.

There won't be a Floyd 'reunion'. What I'm hoping for is a totally separate and different Gilmour / Waters collaboration perhaps in the future. But I wouldn't bank on that either. It wasn't that long ago (after Live 8) that Gilmour was asked if the Floyd would get back together sometime again and the answer was simple and definite: "It ain't gonna happen.". He didn't even want to do Live 8 as/with "Pink Floyd" and turned that down several times to Geldof who finally convinced him after much coercion.

• Members

true. statement.

Pink Floyd "hits" have gotten pretty damn tired.

I would kill to see Gilmour, Waters, and Mason play DSOTM all the way through. Shame Wright is gone.

If I saw a Pink Floyd reunion I'd like to see some stuff from DSOTM, Meddle, and Saucerful, a long with Green is the Colour, Fat Old Sun, and Interstellar Overdrive (in tribute to Syd.)

I wouldn't want to hear too much DSOTM, because some of those songs I've heard about a million times.

• Members

I'd have practically zero interest in seeing a reunited Floyd because he wouldn't be there, just wouldn't be the same.

Seriously, he's at the heart of so many of their best songs.

Agreed - Rick Wright was a huge influence. All you need to do is listen to all 4's solo albums and you can tell where Rick was just a huge influence on what was called 'The Floyd Sound'. I firmly believe that albums like Meddle and Dark Side (not to mention WYWH) just wouldn't have been successful without Rick. Dave at his heart is a pentatonic blues guitarist, Roger is a percussive and staccato songwriter, and Rick was the jazzy glue that allowed for a landscape for them to paint their ideas on. Oh yea, and Nick kept time alright ;)

Archived