I can't finish a song

mis5dis6gis7

• Members

Every time I try to write something I can't seem to get past half way. What I'm working on now I have 2 verses down and an idea for the chorus but I'm at the quitting point again. What helps get over the hump?

I really want to finish this one because I told myself I would get a couch strap if I could finish it today.

• Members

just say "it's finished" it doesn't have to go verse chorus verse chorus mid8 verse chorus to end....

a song is like a poem, it will be finished when it is, there's no point in trying to shoehorn bits in when they don't belong.

• Members

Record the verses with a gap for the chorus. Put it on your iPod and go for a walk or drive and listen repeatedly. Don't force it, but trust that your mind's ear will fill in the empty space eventually.

This sounds like a plan.

Thanks for teh help guys. Its kind of imposing living in the bedroom next to the great travvybear.

• Members
would you like me to list you a load of great songs 1:30 and under?

I don't need to do I?
:)

No. I went through a huge pixies phase so Im used to short songs. Its just that after the Junon thing, I want songs that do something othere than verse chorus verse chorus X2 end.

Archived