I can't finish a song

mis5dis6gis7

• Members

Theres no set way to finish them, they're just done when they're done. Come look at my sawngs folder, its got tons of half songs, you just got to mess around with things. leave blank spots in the recording and sing nonsense lyrics to some random melodies until something sticks, that works sometimes. I would never put a deadline on when the song should be done, because then you might rush it. But everyone writes differently.

No. Last time I shared a song with him all I got was him saying that all the right words didn't rhyme.

That because I thought the rhyme scheme was funny. It started off good, but then like 2 words in the chorus would rhyme, and the other lines wouldnt. Everyone is going to tell you different things, don't focus on what one bro says.

• Members
i cant stand lyrics that rhyme.

drummers shouldnt write songs anyway. look what happened with phil collins. jesus christ, noone needs anymore of that abortionface making music.

travis, go put an end to this before it gets out of hand. its still the early stages...
:)

Hahaha.

Hey now, Dave Grohl wrote some good tunes!

• Members

I dunno if anyone else is like this...

But I've had a cheap as setup for recording to my computer pretty much since I picked a guitar up. I've learned to play guitar and screw around writing stuff since I started playing. I remember barely being able to finger a power chord and I'd be "writing" songs and recording them :lol:

Try just slapping a drum track in the back and hitting record and just jam on it for 10 minutes or so. Then go back. Do it again. Repeat until you find something ya like. Then go from there I guess.

I get blocked up like that whenever I start analyzing the notes I'm playing and try to go about writing as if its a lego building I have to assemble.

Then again...the crap I'm putting out isn't that great :facepalm::lol: The little "random" clip on my myspace I just did today in about a half hour.
www.myspace.com/dimethmusic

• Members
i cant stand lyrics that rhyme.

drummers shouldnt write songs anyway. look what happened with phil collins. jesus christ, noone needs anymore of that abortionface making music.

travis, go put an end to this before it gets out of hand. its still the early stages...
:)

I remember in high school my English teacher wanted us to name our favorite poets. My friend said "Neil Peart" and then began reciting the opening lines of "The Trees." :facepalm:

• Members

AAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH. {censored}{censored}COCKSUCKERPISSINMYASS.

Recording was going perfect up into the solo. I hit the wrong note but it was exactly what the song needed so I kept going and god damnit if I didnt play too many notes and {censored}ed it all up. Now I dont know what wrong note I hit so I cant recreate it.

• Members
AAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH. {censored}{censored}COCKSUCKERPISSINMYASS.

Recording was going perfect up into the solo. I hit the wrong note but it was exactly what the song needed so I kept going and god damnit if I didnt play too many notes and {censored}ed it all up. Now I dont know what wrong note I hit so I cant recreate it.

Listen to it and use your ears? :confused:

• Members
Ah, the sweet sound of GarageBand! For a second, I thought I was listening to one of my demos. Love the tremolo effects. Got potential!
:thu:

Do you have a vocal melody in mind?

I've been tremolo obsessed lately. Its actually a tuna melt.
I have vocals planned out and plan on recording them tomorrow.

Archived