Stolen Guitar UK

Happy_Thom

• Members

My guitar was stolen out of my car last night - I'm completely heartbroken as I've had it for a long time and it was old and rare :(

Please if you see one of these about with rude stickers on the back

guitfull2.jpg

It's mine, I've only seen a couple of pictures of these things on the net.... - it's got stickers on at the minute but easily removed, it's dinged up all over the place and has a metal plate reinforcing the input jack which isn't standard.

So I dunno kill them, A2M/Gape them, whatever - just please help me if you see it!

Thanks

• Members

Thanks for all the replies guys.

I'm just hoping it'll pop up somewhere because it'll be mine, if there was another black vox standard 24 anywhere in England I'd be surprised, there's about 5 pictures max from around the world on internet with very little information on it apart from Harmony Central reviews.

Maybe I should start going to all local gigs just to see if anyone is playing it.

• 1 month later...
  • Members

GOT IT BACK!!

A week ago it popped up on ebay and the guy that was selling it owns the local pawn shop which is 2 mins from my house, completely slipped my mind to go there and his number wasnt there to call on google.

Anyway got my girlfriend to bid on it in case it was the dude that stole it and he gave her his address. The police gave it me back straight away with jsut my description to go on and a picture of me playing it.

Always buy rare guitars with many quirks because you never know when you'll have to convince the police that it's yours!

• Members

awesome!!

so pleased you got it back :thu:

since you posted this thread i have made a catalogue of all my gear, plus TVs, computers, etc. listing make, model, date of manufacture, serial number, colour and a description + distinguishing marks. also i have photographed everything from all angles.

i really need to print it out though; the only copy is on my laptop, what happens if that gets stolen? :facepalm:

• Members

everyone should do that - my guitar has a serial number which I now will be writing down for sure!

they have cctv of the bitch that pawned it but im betting she was just fencing it for someone else.

The police incidentally knew exactly who she was because im betting she's a wotsit eating tracksuit wearing slag called kelleh. She claims she got it from a car boot and thought she'd sell it to make money.

Obviously bull{censored} she doesn't know anything about guitars.

Also there's been a string of similar robberies in my area from locked cars where the alarm never went off so you'd think the police would investigate a bit more thoroughly to perhaps solve it?

Also, they didn't do anything to help me i had to find it, win it get the guys address and arrange to go round they just accompanied me. If they hadn't it wouldn't have mattered because i would have just taken it back.

Archived