Look what I found at a flea market today

Operator

• Members

What tubes you got there? Hopefully some will be useful for guitar amps and not just radios.

I actually just went to a huge charity rummage sale today and asked if they had any vacuum tubes

Apparently some old collector was going to donate a bunch, but he passed away before he could

Unfortunate for both me and him

I did manage to pick up an old digital yamaha fm synth for 10 bucks though

sounds strangely analog

• Members

They were mostly rectifier tubes, or types similar to them. A couple 5U4s or 5U3s or something. Some serial numbers I had never seen before but started with 5 or 6. Some of them were RCAs, but they all looked in dubious shape. Also, I don't have any amp with a tube rectifier to test them with, and I had no money on me at all, so I opted not to buy them.

Still, it was fun and exciting to rifle through the box and inspect them. :love:

• Members
They were mostly rectifier tubes, or types similar to them. A couple 5U4s or 5U3s or something. Some serial numbers I had never seen before but started with 5 or 6. Some of them were RCAs, but they all looked in dubious shape. Also, I don't have any amp with a tube rectifier to test them with, and I had no money on me at all, so I opted not to buy them.

Still, it was fun and exciting to rifle through the box and inspect them.
:love:

Most of 'em are pretty old - ST coke bottle shapes. The only one I can see the base of doesn't have an octal base. Probably ripped out of a 30's or 40's radio. Not useful for guitar amps, but cool tubes nonetheless.

Archived