We Love Strats

mr benn

• Members

cheers :phil:

I'm still toying with the idea of adding a bridge tone pot,so I'm not screwing it back together fully until I decide what to do
also I've notice my neck tone pot is dirty,so I'm going to have to take it apart and clean it :facepalm:

• Replies 171
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Here's my road worn strat.
The fretboard has been sanded completely and then oiled lightly. Otherwise it would look ugly as hell..
Also the pickups have been changed to typical Gilmour set: Fender CS '54, '69 and SD SSL-5. Three way pickup selector with neck pickup blend on the other tone control. The trem is Callaham vintage s.

Really really like this one altough I don't see myself as a Gilmour fanboi.. I mostly bought it this way and it happened to suit me very well. The SSL-5 is fantastic in the bridge! Almost humbucker-like but still has that single coil bite. And I like the looks of this beauty. :love:

1-1.jpg2-1.jpg

• Members

thats simply beautiful! how's that callaham trem?

im tempted by one of those

It's really great. Don't know how much it affects to the tone on this guitar cause it was already there when i bought this. But it's really smooth to use. The short trem arm took a little practice to get along with it but now i don't see myself ever using regular trem arms again.. Plus this one doesn't wiggle and woggle like Fender's trem arms.

Archived