Catalinbread Silver Kiss???

-Norge-

• Members

so how much of a difference is there between the mkI and mkII? was it just the fizzy trebles that were calmed? or is there more to it then that?

Quite a bit... But because I had a massive computer crash and no backups (other than on paper which seems to be gone too) of the schematic for the versions of that pedal... I'd have to go buy an old one, reverse engineer it and find out. The Silverkiss was such a pain in the balls pedal to make so we stopped.

:cool:

• Members

Quite a bit... But because I had a massive computer crash and no backups (other than on paper which seems to be gone too) of the schematic for the versions of that pedal... I'd have to go buy an old one, reverse engineer it and find out. The Silverkiss was such a pain in the balls pedal to make so we stopped.

You have no idea how many kittens I'd punt for you to build me a Trinity. I sold mine 4 months ago out of STUPIDITY, and I've regretted it every day since.:facepalm:

• Members

The SK Trinity AE is probably the most versatile dirt box Ive EVER played or heard anyone else play. And it doesnt sacrifice ANYTHING to be that versatile. It could run with any other pedal out there in the light-somewhat-heavy gain category. It will get into Timmy territory without a problem. That being said, its not a Tim/Timmy.

In a nutshell, it does Vox, Marshall, Boost, treble boost, jangly, chimey, thick, punchy, scooped, boosted, sex.

Easily the most regretted sale ever. Got mine from erksin, and IIRC, it helped fund an M13, which I no longer have.

{censored}. I think a dual Silverkiss would be the most incredible thing since some guy discovered fire. {censored}ing stack them {censored}s for endless options.

• Members

Quite a bit..
. But because I had a massive computer crash and no backups (other than on paper which seems to be gone too)
of the schematic for the versions of that pedal... I'd have to go buy an old one, reverse engineer it and find out. The Silverkiss was such a pain in the balls pedal to make so we stopped.

lol

Likely story! You just never want to have to make one again!

• Members

Where were all you dorks when we were trying to sell them first time around? :arg:

I'VE BEEN RIGHT HERE THE WHOLE TIME.

You won't even LOOK at me anymore. We never go out. I can't even REMEMBER the last time we had sex where you actually gave a damn about getting ME off. It's all wham bam thank you maam.

What happened, I blacked out there for a sec.

• Members

Haha! One of the first vids I ever made. Fortunately, I still have the Trinity and MKII so I could do a reshoot.. But if Nicholas says he's not going to make them anymore, what's the point? (Am I talking to myself again? Old age..)

• Members

Back on topic... I think the Silver Kiss could be kinda like the Klon... limited in number and collectible. I'm never selling my Mk2

P.S. Burgs your old video pretty much single-handedly made me buy my SK so thanks mate and thanks to the guys at Catalinbread

• Members

Back on topic... I think the Silver Kiss could be kinda like the Klon... limited in number and collectible. I'm never selling my Mk2

P.S. Burgs your old video pretty much single-handedly made me buy my SK so thanks mate and thanks to the guys at Catalinbread

Glad to help. Just the messenger, sir. I love mine, too. :thu:

• 3 years later...
  • Members

I use the Silver Kiss Mk 2 and it is by far my favourite overdrive pedal. I would never sell it. I like subtle transparent overdrive that still retains the bottom end. This pedal does this better than any overdrive pedal I've ever tried. Someone here described it as smokey chime and I think this is a very good description. However on higher drive settings it takes on another character entirely .To me the tones I get out of it at higher drive settings remind me of early Mick Ronson / David Bowie . Kind of a fat 70's glam rock sound . Though I've only used this for one song the SK MK2 is quite brilliant at it. I would highly recommend this pedal if you were after this sort of tone. But as mentioned I really love the "smokey chime" this pedal at low od settings . The only pedal I've found that comes close is the Lovepedal OD11 which I also own . OD11 is also a lovely responsive OD pedal that doesn't kill your bottom end. It has a different character to the SK MK2 at higher drive settings which is also quite usable . I use these two pedals in tandem though the SK MK2 is the one that usually stays on. I mostly use Telecasters through a vintage tube amp.

• 4 weeks later...

Archived