Just Scored a Vintage Butler Tube Driver!

dgc480

• Members

I found one in a boutique pedal shop today for $100! I am in LOVE. This thing sounds absolutely amazing for solos. It's is so articulate and raw. I heard david gilmour used one of these.

I was deciding btw this and the Fulltone Plimsoul, which btw is an amazing pedal. But for the price I couldn't pass up this tube driver. It's got loads of gain and sustain, and doesn't ever sound fizzy. Very real tube tone. I use it with my Fender Blues Deluxe Reissue, and I have everything I need now. Cleans and distortion.

BTW the Plimsoul is F*ing awesome too. Highly suggest this pedal. Great tone and sustain. Very smooth.

• Members

that's a great score, it's the 4 knob model?
DG had an eq dedicated to it, with the mids boosted heavily.
I think Tommy Victor from Prong used one and also Curt Kirkwood from the Meat Puppets. it's easy to dial in humbuckers but single coils take more effort.
one of the best pedals ever imo.

• Members

that's a great score, it's the 4 knob model?

DG had an eq dedicated to it, with the mids boosted heavily.

I think Tommy Victor from Prong used one and also Curt Kirkwood from the Meat Puppets. it's easy to dial in humbuckers but single coils take more effort.

one of the best pedals ever imo.

Eric Johnson has used one for a long time.

• Members

It's actually the 3 knob model. Any idea how old it is?

I think that one came out in the early 90's.

don't mean to be a Debbie Downer here but it's the 4 knobber that goes for big coin, the two are quite different. you still got a good deal though as the 3 knobbers have always sold for around what you paid. I'm speaking strictly to the collectabilty/value of the pedal, not it's sound. I've never tried the 3 knob version but I've heard they sound good.

• Members

I think that one came out in the early 90's.

don't mean to be a Debbie Downer here but it's the 4 knobber that goes for big coin, the two are quite different. you still got a good deal though as the 3 knobbers have always sold for around what you paid. I'm speaking strictly to the collectabilty/value of the pedal, not it's sound. I've never tried the 3 knob version but I've heard they sound good.

This. But if it sounds great that's all that matters. I really want one too

Archived