Recommend unto me a cheap, weird delay pedal

Operator

• Members
did yours have the tape graphic on it? i've heard that version is pretty dark. i've never tried mine at 12v, but it's supposed to give it a lot more delay time. never had a problem with using my one spot.
:idk:

Yeah it was the tape reel one...video on my YouTube link in my sig. I tried it with 3 different 9v power supplies and it always hummed. I couldn't be bothered to get a 12v supply especially for it. I didn't realise the later versions got rid of those noise issues though.. Fair play.

• Members

check out the Dod DFX-9 / 94 etc. digital delays but quite low fidelity resulting in more of analog sound. or the FX-90 analog delay which can be tweaked for more delay time and can be made to sound nice and grungey like a {censored}ed up tape head or something. so much better than the DM-2 and about 1/3rd the pric - me tweaking FX-90 trim pots:
http://soundclick.com/share.cfm?id=6776682

:love: :love: :love:

I think that's what makes me attracted to it. :idea:

Thanks for the tips. I kind of like dark, warm repeats, because I mostly use delay on guitar for background atmosphere. But maybe even for someone that likes that, it's too much. I like the lo-res repeats that one of the demos on Youtube is showing me, though.

I couldn't get the Soundclick to work for some reason, but I'll try again in a bit.

• Members
Yeah it was the tape reel one...video on my YouTube link in my sig. I tried it with 3 different 9v power supplies and it always hummed. I couldn't be bothered to get a 12v supply especially for it. I didn't realise the later versions got rid of those noise issues though.. Fair play.

Ahh, yours is the demo I was checking out. I like your presentation of it, but if it hums hard that's kind of deal-breaker. :(

• Members

Reel Echo has modulation and a switch to make the repeats darker (tube/ss I believe). it's a killer delay, my only gripe would be that it feels kind of cheap (not as cheap as a PB&J, which i also own but would never gig with because it's laughingly cheap). calling it odd is, well...odd.

• Members

one more thing.

http://www.thomann.de/pt/danelectro_de1.htm

is this the model you use?

Archived