Great, another totally messed up girl situation.

Loobs

• Members

Oh would you look at that; you're banging Miss Got A Boyfriend But Not Got A Boyfriend, too! Sorry to hear this. You are exactly where I was a year ago. I was seeing someone and I think the words that came out of my mouth were, "So what actually am I to you?"

A year later, all I know is, "More than just friends."

My advice would either be, bang her into submission or - preferably - give her the VERY cold shoulder. It will be hard, but don't speak to her at all. It may sound childish, but if you kick your heels and make a fuss, she will ditch you and you will look desperate.

It seems that when women hit thirty and start getting involved in relationships that would otherwise lead to security (This bloke is older, has his own house and a good job, right?) they are torn between settling down under the pressure of parents, older siblings, friends etc, but sometimes still want to have reckless fun because they know they're really still young.

You were this girl's reckless fun, as am I someone else's.

It doesn't mean she doesn't like you, a lot even, just that you need to give her time to sort out what she wants and eventually you will probably find she comes back to you.

I owe you a drink at Daz's gig if you're there. Perhaps I won't invite the girl, so we can keep a boys' thing.

You pretty much nailed it. Other dude is exactly that by the sounds of things, but it's quite obvious she isn't in love with him, but it obviously just suits her and she's finding it hard to let it go. I was in the same situation with the girl I was dating for 18 months (who was at the Lexington gig). Eventually I let it go though.

I'm gonna just chill and see what happens, but I can't deny that I'd really like to spend some time with her....but at the same time I don't wanna keep on her back and look like a desperate bastard and drive her away.

• Replies 635
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members
If you love her

Never give up

This. I sucessfully navigated my way out of a very deep friend zone and into relationship status with my best friend and now girlfriend of a year. It taught me a lot about life. :cop:

Most importantly, you never ever follow what a girl says when it comes to her feelings for you (when you're pursuing her), only listen to what she does. Hate to be the bearer of bad news, but it sounds to me like that was a one time thing. The fact that she has all these relationships in her life signifies that she isn't ready for anything serious (which sucks at 29, she should probably start maturing). :poke:
However, if you are truly liking this girl, if you liked her before the hookup (on a MORE THAN PHYSICAL level), then don't give up. It could be a long painful ride, but you'll most likely break her.

• Members
I'll live.

In the meantime feel free to post up some pics of the supermodels you're dating.

That's one of the differences between me and you. I have more consideration for the women I date than to post their pictures up on an internet website filled with testosterone laden neanderthals. The fact that you put her photo up here shows you have no respect for her or her privacy.

What do you think she'd say if she knew you're telling everyone on the {censored}ing planet her personal situation??? Good God dude, get a grip.

WHY would you do that to someone you really care about?? :facepalm:

• Members
That's one of the differences between me and you. I have more consideration for the women I date than to post their pictures up on an internet website filled with testosterone laden neanderthals. The fact that you put her photo up here shows you have no respect for her or her
privacy

What do you think she'd say if she knew you're telling everyone on the {censored}ing planet her personal situation???
Good God dude, get a grip.

WHY would you do that to someone you
really
care about??
:facepalm:

Rushfan: the voice of reason.

• Members

oh shut the {censored} up, what difference does it make. No one here knows her and plenty of people put pictures up of girlfriends. The only time you ever come onto this forum is to start {censored} and everyone think you're a {censored}. Why even bother? We know you're the {censored}.

• Members

oh shut the {censored} up, what difference does it make. No one here knows her and plenty of people put pictures up of girlfriends. The only time you ever come onto this forum is to start {censored} and everyone think you're a {censored}. Why even bother? We know you're the {censored}.

It's like talking to a wall. You can't even consider how she would feel if she knew you've done this. It's called empathy. Get some and maybe you won't keep having problems like this.

• Members

It's like talking to a wall. You can't even consider how she would feel if she knew you've done this. It's called empathy. Get some and maybe you won't keep having problems like this.

Do you know her? You have no idea what you're talking about, as usual.

• Members

i posted a picture of her because she's {censored}ing hot. what's the big deal?

/sigh

Why don't you show her this thread then? Hmm? Maybe after you do that, you can come back and ask what the big deal is. K? I'm pretty sure if you showed her this thread, you wouldn't have to ask what the big deal is though.

Archived