Great, another totally messed up girl situation.

Loobs

• Replies 635
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members
Here's the longer version.

Graduated from university in '95 and four friends and I moved to Halifax and subleased a house for the summer.

We were basically looking for jobs that would pay for a summer of partying.

Lo and behold, next door there were five women -- some in, some out of university -- living in the same house.

It was a great summer.

At the end of our lease at the end of August, the guys found another place but since two of them were smokers I couldn't deal with it anymore -- not a full year on a lease anyway.

Two of the girls moved out at this time. They found one replacement -- the one I ended up professing my love to -- but were looking for one more.

They heard I was looking for a spot because of the smoking issue and asked me if I wanted it and I said yes.

So Erin, another girl and myself lived on the first floor starting that September. Erin and I got to know each other, hung out quite a bit and got on pretty well.

She actually liked football so we'd always spend hung-over Sundays watching it.

We also spent the better part of the Christmas holiday together since we both had to work. The other three housemates were gone so it was just the two of us. Dinners together, fireplace roaring. It was awesome. (Well, except for the pizza we ordered one night. I bit into it and heard a crunch. One of the toppings turned out to be tiny shards of broken glass. But I digress).

My birthday was that February. I still remember the song we were dancing to when I looked at her and thought, "{censored}, I think I'm in love." (It was Bjork's It's Oh So Quiet for the record).

I thought there was a chance she felt the same way so I jumped in head first later by the water.

When I told her, I think her response was "Thanks. That's very sweet."

*douche chills*

I couldn't even look at her the next day. I avoided her as much as I could until she finally cornered me and wanted to "clear the air."

Basically she told me not to be embarrassed, it wasn't that big a deal, she still valued our friendship, blah, blah, blah.

But it was still a huge deal to me. And sleeping about six feet down the hall from her wasn't helping at all. I couldn

• 1 year later...

Archived