New Really Old Fuzz Day!

Beastly

• Members

sweet! those are crazy.

what's up with your soundwavebreakdown, the two extra knobs?

Was sick of opening it up to get to the volume pot, so i had it moved to the outside, the other knob is input sensitivity which i didnt really need to do, but figured, while im in there.

• Members
So you have this

history-of-the-ford-mustang-classic1.jpg

And want to mod it to this??

foto-nissan-micra-segunda-mano-34372_1.j

LOL
Easy dudes, im not rehousing it, im not removing the crystal lettuce, just want to add a power jack. It would make zero difference to me value wise, I really cant see it being the end of the world to anybody else either.
Like i said, the treble boost has a bad pot and theres a bad switch anyway, it looks like one of the pots isnt original either...so it needs some work, and im going to be the guy who makes sure this pedal is still kicking in another 30 years.

• Members

I didn't pay anything per se...but my girlfriend offered the guy $200 and i threw in my Truck Loud to secure the deal.

And FerdinandStrat - Thats exactly how i see it.

My question for the 'lose the value' dudes is this:

I already have to replace atleast a pot and a switch (probably all three to trust it) just making it reliable again, isnt that just as bad as having a power supply added? I thought these vintage original peices had to be all original anyway...and im definitely not going to keep it the way it is.

Its not broken, but if you apply too much pressure to the bypass switch or hold it too long, you lose signal completely for about 2 seconds. Surely, id be in my right mind to fix this?

• Members

I didn't pay anything per se...but my girlfriend offered the guy $200 and i threw in my Truck Loud to secure the deal.

And FerdinandStrat - Thats exactly how i see it.

My question for the 'lose the value' dudes is this:

I already have to replace atleast a pot and a switch (probably all three to trust it) just making it reliable again, isnt that just as bad as having a power supply added? I thought these vintage original peices had to be all original anyway...and im definitely not going to keep it the way it is.

Its not broken, but if you apply too much pressure to the bypass switch or hold it too long, you lose signal completely for about 2 seconds. Surely, id be in my right mind to fix this?

for this fix you can still keep the original pots and switches and put it back for the purist...

drilling a hole in the original enclosure cannot be undone anymore, thats the whole point

• Members

i suppose you are right.
however, its kinda weird someone would want all the original broken switches and pots on it anyway. I just wonder if, in the real world, it being fixed and power ready would stop someone from paying for it. Like "whoa dude, wtf, nah" and walk off cause it had a power supply.
would not have stopped me.

I cant say that if i feel its necessary, i wont do it.

a) dont plan on selling it
b) its 2010, not 1972...if they had pp2s in 1972 this thing would use them. and i dont see us going back to 72. upward and onward.
c) its mine now, imma rape the {censored} outta this {censored} muahahaha

not really.

i appreciate all the input tho fellas, i really do.

• Members

a) gross, they sound like puke

b) don't mod it, just sell it and get a clone that does the stuff you want, that way, you can completely rape someone for the selling price because they are 'vintage purists' while you are laughing your way to the bank with a smaller, more reliable, better suited, pedal.

c) I like to make lettered lists to make me feel smart

d) Ferdinandstrat is all kinds of whack.

Archived