So, Wich guitar would you buy?

airoz

• Members

Hey I'm about to buy either of these two guitars (they would be my first single coiled guitars) and I just can't make up my mind, wich guitar would you buy? (I can't play either of them before buying them)

First guitar is a Yamaha SC-600, It features a neck thru body construction and three single coil over wound pickups with a switch that can take the extra winds away from the circuit, it's supposed to be a great guitar just like every japanese made yamaha and it's got a ugly/ugly in a cool way appeal to me (my other guitars are traditional looking) sc600p1.jpg

sc600p2.jpg

and guitar #2 is a USA made peavey reactor, according to the guys at the telecaster forum this made in usa tele copy is better than most mim teles so buying this one and upgrafing the pickups to some of bill lawerence's tele pickups seems like a great way to get good tele tones on the cheap

PR+1.JPG

In case of TL: DR

So, wich one would you buy? the traditional tele or the "innovative" Yamaha?

thanks a lot guys

BTW: I like either strat sounds and tele sounds, and I like them equally so that makes it harder for me to choose, both guitars are around the same price

• Members

I would go with the yamaha because it's different enough from a strat to not look like it's a strat copy that is a little off.

The tele copy there looks like a tele that is just not quite right because it's closer to the base design.

Archived