Make a decision betwixt these delay pedals

Operator

• Members

I'm going to want a delay pedal soon. I'm going for cheap stuff because I am poor and don't give a single shiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiit

IBANEZ DE-7

pros: echo mode rulez, has stereo outs, self-bosscilates

cons: beep borp boop :idk:

DANELECTRO PB&J

pros: footswitchable delay time, excellent for DUBSTYLE

cons: cheaply built

DIGITECH DIGIDELAY

pros: tap tempo, stereo outs

cons: I don't need no modes, unsure if tape setting is actually cool or not.

Or I could save my chump change for:

DANELECTRO REEL ECHO

pros: BONKERS

cons: more expensive, big footprint.

• Members

I liked my DE-7, haven't tried the others.

It doesn't have 'stereo' outs as such, it's got a dry and a wet ouput.

Useful if you wanna split the signal, effect only the repeats then recombine them with an LS-2 or something.

CONS: on some units the switch {censored}s out.

• Members

I had the digidelay...it's okay, but the tape setting doesn't feedback it'll only spaceship noise when you twist the time knob.
Save your money for a DD7. Losta features to do lotsa cool stuff. Or just trade a bunch of guitar effects you don't want to guitar center to get it. That's what I did. I kept telling them I had no money and I was cool with just cashing out and just buying a used dd7 from them on their website, so the dude went on the internet at the store and price matched with another store and gave me a 2 year warranty. Just don't give a {censored} and say you have no money...you'll get what ya want.
EDIT: Just saw that you don't need features. VOID

• Members

I had a de7 for awhile and loved it. I also had a digidelay I beat the snot out of for about 7 years worth of constant use. It never skipped a beat. I was really impressed with that pedal. I spent an entire afternoon with a danelectro reel echo once. I really liked it, I wish I could afford one.

• Members

Digidelay is actually really nice, its a non-TB version of the Hardwire DL-8. I'd say get that.

I have one too and I like it. The mod delay and reverse delay modes make it worth having even if you end up not using it for your main delay. I think it's good for making infinite loop stuff where you keep putting on more layers of noises and making them crazy. I've made some cool-ass noise loops with it.

• Members
Hey OP are you the guy who was moving from Brooklyn to somewhere else a few months back? How did that go etc

Yeah that's me. I moved up to Boston on November 1st. Actually, the change has been incredibly positive for my life so far. I was really stagnant in Brooklyn; things had just hit a wall for me. I miss the city, but I no longer feel like moving is some permanent, irreversible decision. It's very relieving. Still looking for work, but generally pretty happy. Thanks for asking. :)

Archived