OT: What happens when you die?

Ryan.

• Members

Exactly. Which is why I said you're playing devil's advocate. He wasn't talking about what you're talking about. It's about context and meaning. I get what you're saying and agree, but it's not the same apples that we were discussing. Hence the "solar collectors" comment.

I told him he was wrong. I never called him an idiot, not once. Nor did I even infer that. Please don't start doing like so many others and putting words in my mouth. You don't know how hard it was for me NOT to call him an idiot. I can't help that he has a thin skin, I get FAR FAR worse treatment for far far less on these boards. Did you know that
my very first post
here I was called a troll and bashed on just because I wanted people's opinions on what my axe was worth? Yeah, that kinda tempered me for this board. It's cool though, I can take it as well as I can dish it out. I hang out on other forums and don't have a problem with people,
ever
. Kinda tells you something about HCFX, don't it?

Agree 100%. But, again, that's not what Ben,
and the other guy who is off his rocker a few posts back, was saying.

If I'm off my rocker, then you are {censored}ed.

Another approach involves a dense spinning cylinder usually referred to as a Tipler cylinder, a GR solution discovered by Willem Jacob van Stockum[34] in 1936 and Kornel Lanczos[35] in 1924, but not recognized as allowing closed timelike curves[36] until an analysis by Frank Tipler[37] in 1974. If a cylinder is infinitely long and spins fast enough about its long axis, then a spaceship flying around the cylinder on a spiral path could travel back in time (or forward, depending on the direction of its spiral). However, the density and speed required is so great that ordinary matter is not strong enough to construct it. A similar device might be built from a cosmic string, but none are known to exist, and it does not seem to be possible to create a new cosmic string.

• Replies 299
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

That's one of the strangest postulates around, though - we might be able to go back in time, hypothetically, if we could do something we're almost certain is impossible or find something that we don't think exists.

Reading up on time travel is basically like trying to read up on that science that allows you to just randomly walk through walls based on quantum physics. It's neat and all, but not very practical. I personally don't care for philosophy in physics or any other sciences, but then again I'm just a prison guard, so what do I know?

• Members

Reading up on time travel is basically like trying to read up on that science that allows you to just randomly walk through walls based on quantum physics. It's neat and all, but not very practical.

Possible, just almost infinitely unlikely (unless we're getting into Schr

• Members

The above comes off as very condescending and sarcastic, a trend which continues...

I disagree. There is nothing condescending nor sarcastic about saying "Sorry Ben, but you're way off base". It is merely a statement of my opinion. And yes, I told him to get real, because what he had posted was his own fantasy and conjecture passed off as fact. He used up his good faith inferring that just because we dominate our planet that we have to be God's chosen ones.

Sorry, but when someone makes wild and unverifiable claims, I'm gonna tell them to get real. Because they obviously need a wake up call.

I could easily say the same thing about his comments being offensive BTW: "You guys don't see the forest because of the trees", inferring that we're all too stupid to see the obvious. He used this more than once. Why is that not condescending? I certainly think it is, and was meant to be. But, instead of bitch about it and try to tell Ben that he needs to be a different type of person, I got over it and on with my life.

Oh, and Jisatsu? LOL you're a riot dude. Gotta give it to you. You're trying to pass off theory and postulates as current viable PRACTICED science? REALLY? And you expect people to take you seriously when you do that? Do you really think that you can reverse the flow of time with mathematics? LOL :facepalm:

(Yes, that was meant to be sarcastic and demeaning. I don't think that anyone who believes that math can reverse the flow of time deserves any less. Next thing you know, he's gonna have Pa show us how 6x6 = 25)

• Members

Sorry, but when someone makes wild and unverifiable claims, I'm gonna tell them to get real. Because they obviously need a wake up call.

If you're so clear in your ideas, and have so much figured out, I don't understand why you're not in a university, steering all the misguided souls straight. The academic community could use someone with more answers than questions; why not be that person?

• Members

Yeah. For example you load guests from hotel one in odd numbered rooms, hotel two in even numbered rooms.

You'd have to do this sort of thing an infinite ambunt of times.

It gets you close, but if you think about it you'll end up with one hotel worth of people who won't fit.

The solution is actually simpler than that too.

• Members
I disagree. There is nothing condescending nor sarcastic about saying "Sorry Ben, but you're way off base". It is merely a statement of my opinion. And yes, I told him to get real, because what he had posted was his own fantasy and conjecture passed off as fact. He used up his good faith inferring that just because we dominate our planet that we have to be God's chosen ones.

I could easily say the same thing about his comments being offensive BTW: "You guys don't see the forest because of the trees", inferring that we're
all
too stupid to see the obvious. He used this more than once. Why is that not condescending? I certainly think it is, and was meant to be. But, instead of bitch about it and try to tell Ben that he needs to be a different type of person, I got over it and on with my life.

Oh, and Jisatsu? LOL you're a riot dude. Gotta give it to you. You're trying to pass off theory and postulates as current viable PRACTICED science? REALLY? And you expect people to take you seriously when you do that? Do you really think that you can reverse the flow of time with mathematics? LOL
:facepalm:

(Yes, that was meant to be sarcastic and demeaning. I don't think that anyone who believes that math can reverse the flow of time deserves any less. Next thing you know, he's gonna have Pa show us how 6x6 = 25)

I love how unsmart you are. :) You probably don't believe -2 x -2 = 4.

• Members
I love how
unsmart
you are.

Now, that's sig worthy! :facepalm::bor:

To Ben: I never once said I was clear in my ideas, nor that I have so much figured out. But you just keep on making {censored} up and putting words in my mouth. This is typical of you Ben, it's not the first time you've done it, trying to deflect the issue off of yourself and onto someone else when it's painfully clear you've been pegged. You made not one, but TWO wild and unverifiable claims.

All I did was call you on it. :cop:

• Members

This is typical of you Ben, it's not the first time you've done it, trying to deflect the issue off of yourself and onto someone else when it's painfully clear you've been pegged

Actually you'll notice, for example, that I will often to back and forth with Agreed responding directly to his objections... this is possible when the objector is not himself, objectionable. What you have noticed (quite rightly) is that I do not extend this courtesy to you... doing so is, quite frankly, pointless.

When you enter a thread, it immediately spirals into bickering, non sequiturs, and bile. I mean, everything was kosher in here until you showed up. That's not a coincidence.

Not worth the energy.

• Members

There no is death.... no heaven.... only hell, and we're knee deep in it (as per scientifically philosophical evidence provided via the existence of this very thread).

5pWbe.jpg

(snip)

Oh, and Jisatsu? LOL you're a riot dude. Gotta give it to you. You're trying to pass off theory and postulates as current viable PRACTICED science? REALLY? And you expect people to take you seriously when you do that? Do you really think that you can reverse the flow of time with mathematics? LOL

The thread was going along just fine and had remained civil up until you entered it. Agreed (Jeff) was correct in his well worded comments and assessment. It's comments like these, and your confrontational attitude, that cause offense, and turn people off from attempting to have a reasonable dialog with you. Debate the issues, argue your points, but refrain from the attacks and insults on the individuals you're addressing please.

I am getting tired of having to repeatedly ask you to follow this simple request. I won't continue to do so for much longer before hitting the perma-ban button. Fair warning. :cop: Besides, based on some of your comments, you appear to be much happier at some of the other forums you say you frequent without issues or conflict. Maybe HCEF just isn't a good "fit" for you and you'd be happier elsewhere.

• Members

Given the possibility that death might be a bit uncomfortable, I've decide to give it a miss this time and live forever.

I intend to continue buying effects pedals that I do not have enough talent to use effectively, this will eventually lead to the entire universe being filled up with effects pedals. At which point I'll hit ebay and make some

Archived