OT: What happens when you die?

Ryan.

• Replies 299
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

It's
because
of philosophy that we even have science. Philosophy is at the top of the intellectual food-chain. It informs all other forms of human inquiry.

Dude, do you even read what you write down? So, you're saying that the invention of fire, which is certainly SCIENCE, was preceded by some neanderthal thinking "I think, therefore I am".

Get real Ben. Seriously.

Science, by the definition of the SCIENTIFIC METHOD, is trial and error. Judgements based on experimentation and observation. It has nothing at all to do with philosophy. Which is, by the way, the study of the mind based on the scientific method. Philosophy is a subset of science dude. NOT the other way around.

To the OP: According to the Law of Conservation of Energy, energy can never be destroyed, it merely changes form. Whether you call it a soul or chi, the life force that drives us all is certainly a form of energy. While I don't believe in Heaven and Hell (anymore), I certainly have enough of an open mind to realize that something may happen to our chi after our physical bodies decompose. What that is, only the dead have a clue.

• Members

This thread needs to discover where its chi goes after its body decomposes.
:idea:

I like to think my 'chi' will become part of the wind blowing through the trees and part of the sea crashing against the rocks.. become part of the planet's energy.

• Members

I can't believe I'm actually replying to this, but here goes...

Philosophy is a subset of science dude. NOT the other way around.

Things like facts (what is a fact, and what is not), evidence (what is evidence and what is not) and why those things even matter at all, are philosophical questions. To philosophize is to ask; "science" is a specific tool by which we are able to find certain resolutions to certain questions. That tool doesn't work without things like (formal) Logic and Math (both of which are in fact different manifestations of each other). These, though, I would argue are themselves grounded in philosophy; philosophy being the purest, most basic expression and extension of a conscious mind that is able to inquire.

• Members
My point was that philosophy precedes the "scientific method" proper.

And you'd be wrong. Again. This is easy to prove because philosophy follows the scientific method. Therefore the scientific method came before the study of philosophy as a science. See if you can grasp this now, philosophy is a SCIENCE. That means it's a subset of science. That means that in the grand scheme of things, science was around before philosophy. If it were the other way around, as you suggest, then philosophy would be the cornerstone of our society and not science in general.

I'm sorry you take offense when someone points out how wrong you are. I'm sorry that you can't take it when someone shows that your assumptions are horrible. I'm sorry that you think I'm insulting you when I'm only pointing out the truth. And I'm sorry that you're so blinded by faith that you refuse to see anything but what you want to see. I'm also sorry that you're so wrapped up in your faith that you take any contrary words as attacks on you and your faith instead of the logical arguments that they are.

I still honestly and without malice ask you: Do you read what you write here? Because to the reader, it just doesn't appear that you do. That's not mean, it's not disrespectful, it's simply an observation.

Bend time and space :lol::lol::lol: Where do you come up with this stuff?

• Members
bending time is easy, put something in motion

the faster it moves the slower time goes

check out relativity in relation to GSP systems for a little insight

:facepalm:

You should really stick to one liners and trying to be a funny troll. When you get serious, it makes you look bad. The relativistic theory of time displacement with regards to the speed of light is not bending time. Ben was suggesting that WE can bend space and time.

And, of course, we cannot.

Archived