Can someone PLEASE help me get in touch with Ron Neely @ RonSound?

Derelict King

• Members

Hey everyone, I sure could use some help here. If anyone can assist I'd greatly appreciate it.

I contacted Ron Neely back in March about getting 3 vintage pedals repaired - an original ADA Flanger, an original EH Electric Mistress and a Mu-tron III. I sent the pedals off and received an update from Ron in April. I have inexplicably heard nothing since.

Over the months I have sent over a half dozen (or more) emails asking for status and in the last several weeks I left three voice mails. I'm clearly at the point where I feel the only chance I have at recovering my pedals is to resort to making a public plea. Hopefully there's someone out there that knows Ron personally and can assist in resolving this matter.

I'll gladly take the high road and say I'm sure Ron's a great guy and there's a very good reason why this happened. To be clear, I am not interested in knowing or understanding that reason. I am only interested in the return of my pedals, repaired or not.

Please PM me if you can help with this.

Thanks everyone!

DK

• Members

Exactly the same thing happened to me mate.

I sent Ron my vintage EHX Electric Mistress several years ago after he told me he could eliminate the volume drop. We exchanged a few emails, I sent my pedal, then the communication abruptly stopped. It took a few emails for him to acknowledge receipt of the pedal. Then I didn't hear anything for maybe 3 months. Finally after many emails he got back to me stating that he couldn't fix the volume drop but that he had true bypassed the pedal and re-tuned the trimpots. The pedal I got back popped when the switch was stomped on and was noisier then before I had sent it.

Although he didn't charge me for the work he did because of the time it took, I felt very ripped off as I would have sent the pedal to Howard Davis had Ron just been upfront that he could not address the volume drop. In the end that seemed like to much effort to post it to Howard (in not in the US and he doesn't take paypal) so I just sold the pedal off.

He's know as the EH Man over at the EHX forums. Maybe try there? Just keep trying until you get your pedals back mate. JS

• Members

That's too bad. I've always wanted to order some Hairpies and an Octave Fuzz from him, just hasn't made it to the top of the list of priorites. This deffinitly makes me a bit cautious to do so. I'd say try the Electro Harmonix forums as others have suggested.

• Members

Hey guys! My fault for not keeping up with my emails.

I'm still alive and trying to get caught up on everything. Everyone's stuff is still here and I ask that you send me another email for any further info you need. I've been trying to get caught up with my RonSound pedal orders so I've had to let repairs fall by the wayside for a bit. Now that I'm getting closer to catching up I'm going to see what I can do about the repair situation.

• 2 months later...
  • Members

I am in the same boat. I sent Ron my pedal in 2009. I have since received many sarcastic e-mails saying how complex the problem is and difficult to fix. It is now 16 months later. Unless something happens in the next few weeks, based on what I have read here, it becomes a matter for the POLICE.

• Members

I am in the same boat. I sent Ron my pedal in 2009. I have since received many sarcastic e-mails saying how complex the problem is and difficult to fix. It is now 16 months later. Unless something happens in the next few weeks, based on what I have read here, it becomes a matter for the POLICE.

I was talking to someone (who shall remain nameless) the other night and it seems you aren't the only one having similar experiences. Very dissapointing.

• Members

Well, drop me an email and I'll send your pedal back to you. Obviously I'm not having any luck with it. Maybe Howard Davis can figure it out for you

• Members

officer-backtracer_cyber_police.jpg

• 1 month later...

Archived