1973 Fender Blender - Germanium Diodes with Low End

Fender&EHX4ever

• Members

Just scored this today for a killer price. It had a bad .1uF cap, but that was an easy fix from my local surplus parts store - $0.25 and about 30 minutes of tinkering.

I'm not a big Pumpkins fan, but I've always wanted one of these babies for that Octavia-like tone. Damn this thing is cool!!! And when you kick in the Tone Boost, totally in your face :rawk:

5272649482_1681c38c50_b.jpg

• Members

cool beans
:)

I was buying an EHX DRM 15 from the seller on eBay, and he turned out to be a guy I'd bought a Mustang case from earlier this year. Small world. He called and asked if I'd be interested in any other stuff he was selling, and this happened to be something that appealed to me.

So it turns out we're going to meet up this week for a jam session with his daughter who sings, and me on drums. That should be fun!

• Members

the fender blender was a huge letdown for me, even though it was a reissue from a few years ago... in the store, I don't know what it was, maybe just the amp & guitar that I was using at the time, but it sounded huge and evil and explosive... got it home, and I couldn't get anything similar to when I demo'd it in store... eventually flipped it.

• Members

the fender blender was a huge letdown for me, even though it was a reissue from a few years ago... in the store, I don't know what it was, maybe just the amp & guitar that I was using at the time, but it sounded huge and evil and explosive... got it home, and I couldn't get anything similar to when I demo'd it in store... eventually flipped it.

Definitely seems like a pedal that will have varying degrees of success with different rigs. But so far it sounds awesome with my Fender Mustang and EHX Mike Matthews Dirt Road Special SS Amp.

Archived