Talk to me about guyatone pedals.

JMR

• Members

Dunno about the octaver, but the SV2 slow volume is fantastic if you want a slow-gear clone (slow gear + memory toy is amazing for ambient stuff). The MD3 delay is supposed to be a great digital delay, and check out youtube for BobbyD's demos of the newer -5 series mighty micro series.

Steve

• Members

I love Guyatone with all my heart.
Ive had a bunch maybe about 8 now. The MD3? the MD2 is one of the most beautiful delays Ive ever heard.

The 3 was good too.

Same here. I have over 20 at the moment and have probably had 20+ of the others too...

I prefer the older ones to be honest though - the 70s Box series and the early 80s ones.

Of the Micro series, the MD2 and MD3 delays are both great, as is the SV2 Slow Volume... the CB3 Cool Booster is a great 'fat' boost; it's really thick but you can't dial out the low end (which is a problem for me as I tend to favour darker voiced amps)... the ST2 is an excellent compressor, and has the added benefit of a dry blend switch (so it can be quite transparent if you want it to be)...

From the newer Mighty Micro series, the TZm5 Fuzz, VTm5 Tremolo and MCm5 Chorus are all fantastic...

I've found the Chorus works best in an amp's effects loop though for some reason; there is a slight hiss when used in-line into the front end of a guitar amp (but not really any worse than many other BBD chorus pedals - in the loop, or with line level signals it is dead silent)...

• Members

I've had the micro tuner and the Slow Volume. I loved them. The delay is really nice sounding too. The only thing I don't like about them is the little rubber ring that holds the bottom of the pedal on. If you leave your pedal in place on your board it's not that bad but if you move them around a lot it can be a pain in the ass.

• Members

Love my MD3 - nothing fancy but gets the job done, and the super small footprint accommodates more pedals on the board. :thu:

Yeah, the rubber ring is a pain. I swathed the bottom with velcro and move it around with some care. Use AC, so I've been tempted to just glue the ring in place permanently, but haven't followed through yet.

• Members

After hearing good things about the TD-1 Distortion, I picked one up. Not the best for space saving as folks are saying above, but i really like it. Massive sounding distortion. Ive been meaning to do a youtube review for it cos there arent any, but ive not done a pedal review before, I dont even have a camera.

• Members

They make cool stuff. The little orange od2 was my main overdrive for years. They might be kinda hard to find now, but those things just work, and I got mine for 60 bucks. Even when I tried more "boutiquey" kind of stuff, that od2 always worked better for me. The st2 compressor is also really cool, a great compressor that can do squishy, sustainy, or more subtle. People love the md3 which I had on my board for awhile. It was cool, like someone said above, it gets the job done. I like the CC better. I also had the phaser, which was O.K. Not your everyday phaser, made some cool funky sounds. The tremolo is supposed to be a winner also, never tried it though.

• Members

...The only thing I don't like about them is the little rubber ring that holds the bottom of the pedal on. If you leave your pedal in place on your board it's not that bad but if you move them around a lot it can be a pain in the ass...

That's one reason why I prefer my MDm5 over my MD3,the easy access battery compartment.I also like the added repeats tone control and line/fx loop or instrument level operation.

Ed

Archived