malekko fuzz or guyatone fz2?

hangwire

• Members

Looking to add a superfuzz to my collection for the giggles...

anyone played both that can chime in for superfuzzy like goodness?

the more shin ei companion fuzzy the better... heard the malekko has a setting where you can set it to do both octave fragments and thick badass compinsation...

• Members

careful now... you take what you get.

was just stating an opinion about "versatility" for me to help stem any future posts about this :wave:

I guess I am amazed how the good deal of demos for both online are either CHUGGA CHUGGA or hindered by bad recording... need some hands on opinions :thu:

• Members

was just stating an opinion about "versatility" for
me
to help stem any future posts about this
:wave:

I guess I am amazed how the good deal of demos for both online are either CHUGGA CHUGGA or hindered by bad recording... need some hands on opinions
:thu:

I kind of agree about the versatility of the Malekko... as those internal controls are very important in dialling in the different sounds, I'd want them on the outside. In a way, it would make more sense to have the switch on the outside and the fuzz/gain control as an internal trimpot.

I haven't used the Malekko, but have had the Guyatone TZ2 twice and sold it both times... I DO like it, but it's not a sound I'd use a lot. (I have other pedals which can cover the same sort of fuzz tones but have a bit more variety - and more control.)

• Members

I DO like it, but it's not a sound I'd use a lot. (I have other pedals which can cover the same sort of fuzz tones but have a bit more variety - and more control.)

tell me more... I only demo'd one once when I was picking up a guitar at a local shop... and it was on an amp I later found out was way too trebly so I thought it was way too thin.

• Members

The TZ2 and Malekko are Univox Superfuzz variants. The Companion Fuzz is similar to the Superfuzz, but not exactly the same. I don't notice even a hint of octave up with the Companion Fuzz, but it's pretty prominent with the TZ2.

Archived