New boss looper! RC-3 and RC 30

-MBro-

• Members

My Solo isn't going anywhere.

Did you ever plug a headset into your solo? I wonder how it works when you would put a sansamp pedal before it and then play. The out is supposed to be for amps and headsets according to the manual.

• Members

Not currently interested.

Not sure if I find this a big improvement.

On the left it shows loop effects you can add.

The list shows:

Step down

Step phaser

Sweep filter

Tempo Delay

Looks like they got rid of the clip indicator. If this is not a feature, it could be beneficial, or it may just not be physically displayed. I don't like that I don't see fade out options or reverse options anymore. A dual looper is nice, but it isn't that much more exciting to have 2 loops if you ask me, it's just a layer on top of a layer in a mono track looper. I think three or more is a lot more appealing than two. I know you could say that about anything, but that's still my .02

also, can you engage step down, record, then unengage and play in double time? If not, I don't see the benefit. Reverse and that option both and it has my attention. To me these extra features it includes just make it seem silly.

• Members

Did you ever plug a headset into your solo? I wonder how it works when you would put a sansamp pedal before it and then play. The out is supposed to be for amps and headsets according to the manual.

Haven't tried it yet. One of my kids keeps stealing my headphones, grrrr.

• Members

word. needs Midi. A smaller Looper with Midi would be great instead of having to get the RC-50

I think a little fail that they couldn't even include Reverse for the RC-3. Cool that its stereo though.

• Members

pretty hot looking boxes.

wish it had midi to sync to a drum machine.

Indeed these new RC boxes look great in every way. I also wish it had midi to sync which would have majorly separated them from the rest of the competition. I think sample time and computer access was key to this generation to catch up with the likes of Digitech. Multitrack in the RC-30 was also key. I'm still glad I have my RC-50 though. Hopefully midi will be an important addition next time. Note that it's not just guitar players who use these things. I play mostly keyboards which is why midi would be of great importance. For now, I have my workarounds which will do.

Archived