So...Zvex amp?

nico/atd

• Members

Oh :

While Zvex had its new Instant Lo-Fi Loop Junkie prototype on display at NAMM, the boys told WTDP? that their are also plans for Vexter versions of their popular Probe line in the pipeline. No info on availability or price yet. Additionally, an amp prototype was on display. Called a mix between a Silvertone and a Marshall, the amp boasts two fully independent channels

• Members

i do want. horribly. i lovvve all the sounds taht every zvex pedal i own makes. i could never part with even 1 of them. i will expect this amp to have epic tones.

This may just be me being superficial, but the thing looks like a box of crayons had a lovechild with a McDonald's fry carton. Yuck.

I love most of the man's pedals, but this amp is a solid NO for me.

• Members

Well, it does say it's a larger than production ugly prototype basically. It could be a really cool amp. Do I understand correctly that it's a stereo amp? Or did they mean it's two preamps in one but they share a power amp?

I'm not holding my breath on it being affordable, but if it's somewhere in the Maz 18 price range, it could be worth a shot.

I'd like to hear it first, though.

• Members

Well, it does say it's a larger than production ugly prototype basically. It could be a really cool amp. Do I understand correctly that it's a stereo amp? Or did they mean it's two preamps in one but they share a power amp?

I'm not holding my breath on it being affordable, but if it's somewhere in the Maz 18 price range, it could be worth a shot.

I'd like to hear it first, though.

Wait, this isn't what it's going to look like? Interest re-pique'd.

• Members

My guess is the layout probably isn't optimized or that was a cabinet they had on hand to put it in.

I only hope they aren't handpainted so they cost like $700 more because of the paintjob. Please think simple Z.

Archived