I #&@%ing HATE cancelled band practice

• Members

I know the feeling, you all agree to rehearse at a certain time and day and adjust your schedule to accommodate that, then people call in the day of and want to change everything. Canceling on the day of rehearsal is BS unless there's blood and an ambulance involved. That's just my opinion though

• Members

I know the feeling, you all agree to rehearse at a certain time and day and adjust your schedule to accommodate that, then people call in the day of and want to change everything. Canceling on the day of rehearsal is BS unless there's blood and an ambulance involved. That's just my opinion though

Yeah, it sucks, especially since I've only gotten one full-length practice session with my new Stiletto. I itch to play this thing.

However, circumstances are in fact legit. Bassist is opening a bar and the whole shebang final inspection is Wednesday, so they're pretty much all-nighting it til then. It will benefit the band in the looooooong run.

I can't be angry, which somehow sucks harder.

• Members

Yeah, it sucks, especially since I've only gotten one full-length practice session with my new Stiletto. I itch to play this thing.

However, circumstances are in fact legit.
Bassist is opening a bar and the whole shebang final inspection is Wednesday, so they're pretty much all-nighting it til then. It will benefit the band in the looooooong run

I can't be angry, which somehow sucks harder.

Yeah, I don't think I would be bothered :idk:. But I agree, it {censored}ing sucks when people jap out last second, regardless of it having to do with music.

• Members

Whenever a bandmate cancels they are subject to what we refer to as "The Vagina Rule". Usually this consists of being called a {censored} for about a week and having their rig covered with pictures of diseased or otherwise disfigured vaginas.

Blue waffle?

• Members

The nice part about doing that to my drummer was that he was the only one who had to look at it.

Heh, yeah, doing that to his cab would torture the rest of us more. Perhaps a pop filter on his mic stand with a pic taped to it... and yeah our drummer is a vegetarian, I'd probably put pics of steak and fried chicken all over his stuff.

• Members

The singer and other guitar player in one of my old bands would occasionally cancel practice, and neglect to tell the rest of us. To make things worse it was a long drive after work, and a long drive back home. I remember both my self and the drummer arrived at the same time (we practiced at the singers house) She answered the door and looked very surprised. "oh, we canceled practice tonight"

She swore up and down that she'd either called or emailed or something. annoying as {censored}.

• Members

I won't be in a band where the practice space isn't in a location where I can go in to make noise regardless of others cancelling.

not fair that the band goes on HOLd because one person couldn't make it...

bandmates that can't make practice should also be subject to decisions that get made in their absense.

Archived