Echodeluxe and Travvybear Split EP Progress Thread!

echodeluxe

• Replies 308
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

nice. check the levels but keep the echo seriously, with beady eye being the crappy band as it is we need the travvy bear to deliver the beatlesque revival full power...

I like to think I'm in this imaginary battle with Liam Gallagher over who can write better songs. Sometimes I think I'm winning.

• Members

If I was to mix...

I'd say your main vocal track should be clean with just a bit of verb, like Pewt says. Do whatever the {censored} you want with the backing vocal tracks. The overall mix will be less muddy that way.

You could clean up the bass too to help get the mud out, but it sounds like you wanted to go for that tone?

Or you could listen to your heart and {censored} all of us monday morning arm chair quarterbacking assholes.

• Members

If I was to mix...

I'd say your main vocal track should be clean with just a bit of verb, like Pewt says. Do whatever the {censored} you want with the backing vocal tracks. The overall mix will be less muddy that way.

You could clean up the bass too to help get the mud out, but it sounds like you wanted to go for that tone?

Or you could listen to your heart and {censored} all of us monday morning arm chair quarterbacking assholes.

I don't really know how to do recording {censored}. I just kind of go with the flow and play around with plugins. I'm never actually happy with my bass tones. I'm really just a songwriter with access to a macbook, some illegal plugins and 2 mics.

I appreciate you taking the time to listen and critique though, it means a bunch man.

• Members

Also, to gauge opinions.

Mic wise I have an SM58 and an MXL990

recording chain is ART Tube MP - Behringer Mixer - Macbook

Would I benefit more from a mic upgrade or an interface upgrade?

Get an Apogee Duet. Works great with a Mac, you get excellent converters and pretty decent preamps.

After that save up for a Bock 195 and use it for everything.

• Members

okay cutie pie, I'm going to go back to the mixing stage and try to balance it a bit more. I do see where it can get a bit muddy.

I was looking more towards an Apogee ONE. I never use 2 mics at a time.

Well, if you record drums I would think you would want to at least record the kick and a mono overhead.

Also gimme the tracks trav, I'll mix it for you.

• Members

I don't even have a drum kit.

Do you have Garageband/Logic? Do you just want the .band file?

I'm PC and I use Reaper.

Can you give me the WAV files? Mute all FX and set everything to zero. Render each track one at a time by muting the other tracks.

• Members

www.sendspace.com

PM me the dl link.

Will do, also, I was looking online and I'd have to convert every track with iTunes into a wav. It sounded totally boring, but the interbuttz told me I could send the .band to a windows computer and it would recognize it as a .zip folder, inside the zip folder will be a folder called media and it will have all the tracks.

Archived