Earthquaker Devices Ghost Echo Reverb - tell me moar!

Johansolo

• Members

It's definitely a great pedal. More versatile than it appears as well - gets everything from subtle spring sounds, to big ambient hall sounds, and even slapback echo. I impulse bought'd one last year and use it way more than I expected.

• Members

It's not really a spring reverb emulator as such, but has a natural decay similar to a spring tank's decay I guess. Tonally it's bright but thick, so sort of spring/plate type tone.

Also, if you're using dirt or fuzz, the Ghost Echo takes it really, really well too.

• Members

I had a Ghost Echo, sold it to buy a Mini RRR, sold the mini RRR and bought a Ghost Disaster. The Ghost Disaster and I will be friends forever.

I liked the Mini RRR and it does have a lot of options but I found myself only using 1-2 of those options and those 2 options sounded just like the Ghost Echo so I was planning on selling the Mini RRR and saving some money and being happy with the Ghost Echo. Then EQD combined the Ghost Echo and the Disaster Transport and now I'm in deep ambient howling reverb/delay delight.

• Members

I have one. Does anyone else notice a slight boost when using dirt pedals with it?

I notice a bit of a boost if I use my Musket with it. My Musket is always set slightly above unity though, so I don't know if that would do anything to create more volume once it hits the Ghost Disaster.

• Members

earthquaker_ghostecho_002.jpg

Such a great looking pedal too. I know it's stupid, but the look of the Ghost Echo is the only thing I miss about selling it to get the Ghost Disaster. But then the GD does delay trails so I tend to forget about the aesthetics and enjoy the swirling traily goodness :love:

• Members

Such a great looking pedal too. I know it's stupid, but the look of the Ghost Echo is the only thing I miss about selling it to get the Ghost Disaster. But then the GD does delay trails so I tend to forget about the aesthetics and enjoy the swirling traily goodness
:love:

Yeah I know. I'd have leapt on a GD if it was black sparkle. Because that's where the reverb toanze are kept.

Archived