Not digging my new Malekko Fuzz

warioblast

• Members

I got it a couple of weeks ago and it's been mostly collecting dust ever since. I much prefer the byoc leeds fuzz I used to own. Anyhow I'm going to mess with the internal trimpot before I unload it but I don't have high expectations. :cry:

I haven't been so disappointed by a new gear in a while. Luckily my 2 last buys; a Dunlop Octavio & a Roger Mayer Voodoo Blues; kick ass & more than compensate my disappointment. :lol:

• Members

blasphemy! lift your tiny fists!

Seriously, is not "cutting through"? or you really dont like them toanz?

It's really farty, nearly only usable with power chords. I don't know how to explain it, there's something too much about the diode clipping. The Leeds fuzz sounded more organic.

• Members

I got it a couple of weeks ago and it's been mostly collecting dust ever since. I much prefer the byoc leeds fuzz I used to own. Anyhow I'm going to mess with the internal trimpot before I unload it but I don't have high expectations.
:cry:
I haven't been so disappointed by a new gear in a while. Luckily my 2 last buys; a Dunlop Octavio & a Roger Mayer Voodoo Blues; kick ass & more than compensate my disappointment.
:lol:

So, ok... are you getting much octave out of it? Have you tried it into a crunchy type dirt channel?

Just curious. I was wanting to try one out.

I think the 'Leeds' is one of the best sounding fuzzes you can buy today....

...sorry, that's not much help.

Huh. I wasn't all that into it. Different strokes, I guess.

Archived