ANOTHER V30 and Greenback COMPARISON...Jet City JCA20H (YOUTUBE CLIP)

Johansolo

• Members

decided to do another comparison but this time with a different amp & guitar (both brighter/less warm sounding) and a different mic position

[video=youtube;_KbS1NUaP6I]

this is the clip i did before...if you havent seen it already...

[video=youtube;pZyqI27vvFk]

• Members

I like the way the Greenbacks sounded better than the Vintage 30s. I can't wait until my cab gets here. I wanna do a side by side to compare the Mesa w/ V30s to the Emperor with Weber 65s. Thanks for this totally on topic and informative post. :thu:

• Members

sorry if its been said before, or if im just having a massive brain fart, but which one is the v30? left or right?
:o
Im much preferring the one on the left. Sounds a bit fuller to me :3

V30 on the left. Greenback on the right.

• Members

Yeah I usually find the highs the annoying part, actually. With my JCM800-style head they get very bright sometimes.

The highs in my JCM 2000 were almost in dog whistle territory and I could never dial them out.

• Members

i have a love/hate relationship with V30s...usually hate it when im playing alone, in a room,up close. but i love them for certain recorded tones + in a band mix

i usually like greebacks with most amps

same with other speakers...i used to swear i hated G12T075s...until i heard them with a certain amps

• Members

The highs in my JCM 2000 were almost in dog whistle territory and I could never dial them out.

I've found alnico speakers are good for that. Playing through this 4x12 alnico cab the same head i described before has no fizziness and sounds completely amazing.

Archived